Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thumbs up suggestions for new bike?!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm doing my second triathlon this year, last year I used a hybrid. I'de like to buy a great road bike in hopes that I will do many more races. Any suggestions on brands? specialized vs. bianchi vs. cannondale? Although I'de love to buy the top of the line bike, I can't afford that. I really don't want to be passed this year by all of those on their awesome bikes. help!

I can't help you much with which brand. I LOVE my Cannondale and I do happen to be spoiled rotten with top of the line , and can't compare it to other brands. What I was going to recommend is that you find a good used bike. A thousand dollars will get you a lot more bike used than brand new. My husband just got an awesome deal on a hardly ridden MTB on Ebay. He paid $2,000, but it was worth WAY more.

Another thing to consider if you want to ultimately end up with a super sweet bike without paying for it all at once. Do what my husband did with his first road bike. He had a fairly decent Cannondale that he bought used for $700. He started upgrading the components on it a little at a time. When he had all his dream components, he bought a dream frame to go with. He ended up with a very, very nice bike. Top of the line Cannondale with Dura Ace components, but did it a little at a time. I now have all those components on a brand new frame. (He had to upgrade to something even better, of course!)

It's a good way to get the bike of your dreams without robbing a bank to do it! Hope this helps.