Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Eyebrows...I know totally off the topic.

To disable ads, please log-in.

But, do you wax or pluck. I tried to pluck ONE hair last night, and just about died, my eye started watering my freaking eyebrow swelled up. I came into the den and DH said what did you hit your head on.
    So, I'm mustering up the nerve to go get them waxed, then I've heard it's easier to maintain by plucking once you've got the "major" stuff removed. Unfortunately I have the Brooke Shield type thick eyebrows, so I hope they have ALOT of wax!

Jenn, I get myself done once a month at the beauty salon: hair, toenails, face and leg wax, and that includes waxing and shaping the brows. I don't get a manicure because I am always out in the garden, or playing with my pets and of course the bike grease, all of which is more important to me than pretty fingernails.

I love the leg wax because it makes wearing cycling shorts so much easier.

I am getting up the courage to start having my armpits waxed too because I will probably be wearing sleeveless jerseys a lot this summer.

Darcy

Armpits!! You are a BRAVE woman, gosh I wish I had the guts to do that, that would be wonderful!! I'm also TRYING to build myself up to go get a pedicure...I have a foot issue.
    Well, if you can handle all that waxing I SURELY can at LEAST get my eyebrows done, although, maybe all the hair is what is keeping the sweat out of my eyes....hahha

I wax my own brows and upper lip. First couple of times are a PITA. But you get used to it. If necessary, numb up with ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
    Unfortunately I have the Brooke Shield type thick eyebrows, so I hope they have ALOT of wax!
    You know what, that's what I have and that's what they'll stay.

This is one of the things I won't bend into doing. I have had my legs waxed since I was a teenager (and regular bikini - no way I'm going brazilian, another thing I can't find a reason to do; I used to get my armpits done but they I got electrolysis and there's nearly nothing left but very little light hair), okay. But besides plucking out the random hair that grows on my nose bridge, I won't pluck them or get them waxed.

This is just a public service announcement reminding you that you don't have to do that. They probably look just fine the way they are. (Just like the rest of your body.)

Awww, thank you Grog! Well, ironically I asked my mom where she gets her's waxed even though they are to thin and she uses a pencil they look nice. She said Jen, I don't get them done, they are just falling out.... So, maybe if I just wait long enough they'll start to thin on their own.

I sometimes get them waxed to get the shape I want, them keep them plucked. Easier and less painful that way. My eyes water too. Jenn

I've been plucking my eyebrows since college; want to try having them waxed someday when I have extra cash.

I swore I'd never do it (OUCH! the first few times I tried) but once I realized what a difference it made, I became a believer.

You get used to it. The pain is worth the gain in my case.
    2007 Trek 5000
    2009 Jamis Coda
    1972 Schwinn Suburban

"I rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a bike. It gives her a feeling of self-reliance and independence the moment she takes her seat; and away she goes, the picture of untrammelled womanhood."
    Susan B. Anthony, 1896

I used to get my lip and brows done at the salon. Then I discovered these pre waxed strips. I love them. Right after the shower when everything is soft. I take care of it all myself. I apply a high quality lotion (or a dab of neosporin) on the lip immediately after waxing and suffer no adverse effects. It barely even turns pink anymore.

Tip: Trim the strips carefully before applying to above or below brows. The good news is - if you forget, it'll grow back in no time!

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    I quit shaving and plucking years ago. DH likes my soft furry animalistic tufts!
    Now that I am used to the look of soft natural human body hair, believe it or not when I see women with totally bald underarms and/or stubble legs it looks very peculiar and creepy to me. I am so GLAD to not worry about all that stuff anymore and spend time on it.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I trim my eyebrows with scissors. Comb against the grain very slowly, and snip all the hairs that stick up beyond the comb.

I have Andy Rooney eyebrows, very long and curly. I also have a bizarre twisted hairy scar in the center of one brow from a biking accident. I had them waxed once, but then realized that simply trimming them made them look just as neat and tidy. (and it's a whole lot cheaper and doesn't hurt my delicate skin)

I do have 3 or 4 persistant rebels that grow way outside the brows that I pluck.

I shave my upper lip, cuz dang it I have a moustache! I think getting that waxed would hurt me, too. My skin isn't very hearty.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I do both too...

But its very cheap at the military facilities..only like $10 to get the brows done. I do it once every few months then pluck until I get bored of plucking and forget about it then go back in to get them waxed.

There's no way i am pulling hairs out of my eyebrows! I have hardly enough as it is.
    way back when my mother was concerned about these things, she used to lament my uncurved brows.. But now i wear them proudly, as my father had them, his father had them, and half a dozen Italian cousins have them too.

Ps Knot, we all have moustaches! we're mammals!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    Ps Knot, we all have moustaches! we're mammals!
    My moustache is far more robust than my current lifestyle requires.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Sometimes I waxes em, sometimes I plucks em, sometimes I leave them the heck alone!

I of the brooke brows as well, treat them according to mood, but I think I have a pretty high pain threshold. The hurt does ease up over time.
    I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.