Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Women's Gear in Victoria?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'll be taking a long weekend in Victoria. Where are the best local places to purchase women's bike apparel?

Mec

Mountain Equipment Co-op would be a good start.

www.mec.ca

Ahh..Mec & ground effect..

C

A good start...

MEC is a good start, but I was hoping that there might be a nice local shop. Something that has a good selection of women's gear that maybe my partner wouldn't know about because he doesn't often shop for women's clothing!!
    I have been to a few bike shops in Victoria, but I am looking for a place that I might be able to get a closer look at some of the stuff I am seeing online.

popoki

Another thought might be to ask our Popoki Nui who lives in Vic..

Might be worth a shot!

C

In search of a saddle last year I visited about every bike shop in the Saanich Peninsula and can't remember getting my feet stuck anywhere because of cool women's gear. Maybe Popoki Nui will have a few good hints though...

But do check out the Rapide shorts at MEC. At $52 (CDN!), they beat all of my more expensive shorts (PI Ultrasensor bib, Sugoi Reflex...).

They have them in black and in silvery grey this year, quite cool.

Thanks...

Well, thanks for the help. Sounds like Victoria just might not be the place.
    I will check out the shorts however. I'll definately be stopping by MEC tomorrow and a few other places. I'm excitied because I have two days to explore while my boyfriend is at work. Friday I plan on riding my bike up to the Buchart Gardens and the Butterfly Garden. Tomorrow is my shopping day. Since I just got into biking I am looking forward to getting some gear. So far all I have is one pair of bike shorts, shoes, and a helmet.....

Victoria isn't the best place on the planet for women's cycling apparel. Of all the bike shops I visit (or pester ), Rider's seems to have the best selection with Russ Hay's probably close second. I get most of my things from MEC, however.

~Sherry,
    All vintage, all the time.
    Falcon Black Diamond
    Gitane Tour de France
    Kuwahara Sierra Grande MTB
    Bianchi Super Grizzly MTB