Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hotels in Silver Spring

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have relatives heading to Silver Spring (from Wyoming) for a week or so in June & they have asked me to check into hotels in the area. Could any of you locals give me some advice? They are coming for a training but plan to stay over to tour DC. I can handle the touring part, I just don't know anything about hotels. I am sure they are looking for something that is comfortable but won't break the bank (aren't we all? ) . Any help y'all could give me will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance

- jane
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Hotel in downtown Silver Spring in November http://www.silverspringdowntown.com/spring.php?pid=344

Good location, nice hotel, not cheap but probably nothing in Silver Spring is cheap.
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

The Marriott that DebW mentioned is the newest, nicest hotel in downtown SS, in the most convenient location near all the new restaurants that were built in the last few years. There are a couple of other hotels also, I just can't remember the names of them right now. I'll do some homework this evening and see if I can remember which one is which. Regina works in downtown SS, so she might have the info more readily available.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    The Courtyard is brandy-spankin' new.
    I just did a google-search on "Silver Spring Hotels" and came up with this:
    http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&rlz...local&ct=title
    This may be helpful. The Hilton, the CrownePlaza (Holiday Inn), and the new Courtyard Marriott, are all within walking distance (couple of city blocks) of the Metro station, which would allow them easy access to the whole of the D.C. area (well, what's accessible by Metro!).
    Honestly, since I live here, I never stay in the hotels. But co-workers from our regional offices have stayed in the CrownePlaza and the Hilton and report them as being fine.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Thanks so much! I will pass this info along. Y'all are the best!
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett