Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have resigned myself to the trainer for the 6 months of winter up here. If the roads aren't covered with snow, they're covered with gravel that they put down for traction.

I have mine set up in front of a DVD player, too. It's the only thing that keeps me sane. ...well, maybe... I'm starting to have dreams about Coach Troy.

Taking lead from RnR

Quote Originally Posted by roadie gal View Post
    I have resigned myself to the trainer for the 6 months of winter up here. If the roads aren't covered with snow, they're covered with gravel that they put down for traction.

I have mine set up in front of a DVD player, too. It's the only thing that keeps me sane. ...well, maybe... I'm starting to have dreams about Coach Troy.
    Sooooo, it's raining pretty hard here today. Normally I would bail on my outdoor hill ride but I'm toughing it out today. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

I got a trainer in December, and BOY IS IT HARD!!! On the up side, I read in Triathlete Magazine that every hour on the trainer is the equivalent of 1.5 hours outside!

Quote Originally Posted by smithcyn42 View Post
    I got a trainer in December, and BOY IS IT HARD!!! On the up side, I read in Triathlete Magazine that every hour on the trainer is the equivalent of 1.5 hours outside!
    I believe it - there's no coasting on the trainer. So I do my 45 minutes on the trainer and figure it's like an hour+ ride outdoors. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow