Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Again...*sigh*

Unhappy Again...*sigh*

To disable ads, please log-in.

Woke up to this, this morning. Ten cm so far, and still coming down in buckets. And an arctic outflow expected this afternoon, dropping temps to the -10C range. Enough already!
    I really really really really really miss summer....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2007 Snow_5.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	2487  
    All vintage, all the time.
    Falcon Black Diamond
    Gitane Tour de France
    Kuwahara Sierra Grande MTB
    Bianchi Super Grizzly MTB

I don't know how you do it! I'm not a snow fan, I don't ski anymore so I have no need of the stuff, I just want sunshine and blue sky's and decent temps.

Electra Townie 7D

then there's Seattle where they have non-stop news coverage of the WEATHER and we get 1/2" that melts even on the grass.
    Send your snow down here! I'm ready for it!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

You got a lot of snow. Down here in Kent we got just a sprinkle, which is melting as I type...we are just hoping it does not turn into ice on the way into work this evening.

East Hill

I'm jealous!! I want snow too! We didn't get any in Norway when I went home for the holidays and here in the south of England none is every likely to appear! I miss skiing....and the excuse to put studded tires on my bike...and bundling up in warm wool clothing and playing in the snow....building snowmen, sledding, making snow angels....did I mention I'm jealous? If you don't want the snow, feel free to ship it over. I will happily take some...

I love the snow - I figure if it is going to be cold it might as well snow. Then I can go out and shovel, snowshoe, and cross country ski! Otherwise, I'm stuck in the gym or on my trainer - yuck

We seem to be having a perpetual drought so the snow just isn't what it used to be anymore:

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    SEND IT TO VERMONT!!!!
    DH and I are heading there tomorrow night for a weekend of skiing. It's looking like we *might* be able to get 2 days in, before it turns to rain.
    Miserable excuse of a "winter" here on the east coast. It was down to 30 F this a.m. - the coldest I've seen in ages. Good grief.

....pretty pretty.....

on a happy note, there was a brief period of heavy flurries/snowshower here in Philadelphia

mayhaps Mama Nature decided to get her winter on?

All right, I lied. After I went to bed it started snowing again. We woke up to three inches of snow. Fortunately Mr. East Hill is good at driving in snow and he knows how to put chains on the pickup.

I got an entire two miles on the mountain bike today (the 10th)!

East Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Regina View Post
    SEND IT TO VERMONT!!!!
    DH and I are heading there tomorrow night for a weekend of skiing. It's looking like we *might* be able to get 2 days in, before it turns to rain.
    Miserable excuse of a "winter" here on the east coast. It was down to 30 F this a.m. - the coldest I've seen in ages. Good grief.
    +1!! We really need it here!!
    It's only worth it if you're having fun

Quote Originally Posted by CycleChic06 View Post
    +1!! We really need it here!!
    Me too! I'm going FAR NORTH in NH this weekend to see if I can get my new sled out on the trails..... Also hoping to ski in ME this weekend.

SheFly

I think I can forget about snow this year, they predict 18°C (64,4 F) this weekend. I have daisys in my garden. The weather has gone crasy this year .
    We organise ski competition in my town every year, and thay had to make artifitial snow and pray to God it will indure the heat. Problem is that last year the winnter was not so cold, and than the summer wasn't so hot either. And I love hot summer
    "Life is not measured with the quantity of breaths you take, but with the quantity of moments that took your breath away..."

Please send the snow to SW Ohio!! Today is yet another rainy day witht he temps hovering around 52*F or 11*C, whichever you prefer. I really would like to see winter this year.
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Another request for snow here. Please. I need SOME kind of winter. This is very maddening. I LIKE SEASONS. I may have to move to Alaska if this keeps up.

Quote Originally Posted by tygab View Post
    Another request for snow here. Please. I need SOME kind of winter. This is very maddening. I LIKE SEASONS. I may have to move to Alaska if this keeps up.
    Alaska has seasons?

Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow