Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Calling all Texas girls!!

To disable ads, please log-in.

If you're from Texas I would like for you to share where you ride and if you do any of the organized rides around. Maybe a meetup at an organized ride would be neat.(Boy, did I date myself on that one.)

Thanks, Donna
    They're cute when they're little. Then they grow up and they're just ug and dumbly. Quote from my daughter

I ride mostly Plano/Frisco/Allen depending on the length of ride I want for the day. Also, depends on which way the wind is blowing!! I don't ride with any clubs as my schedule rarely fits with theirs. I have a two year old and my husband also rides so that's rather limiting. We do rallies about once a month, sometimes two, but that can get expensive with the both of us riding. We were supposed to do the Beauty and the Beast in Tyler last Saturday, but didn't go because of the horrible weather. I'm planing on doing the Wildflower Ride in Richardson on Saturday. We'll also do the Collin Classic in June. That's about as far out as we've planned our cycling lives for the moment!

Ok, I've rambled on long enough. It would be fun to meet up with others if it works out.

Stephanie

Hey ya'll
    I ride in the Carrollton and all over Dallas area. Haven't done a rally yet this year, keep forgetting them of late! Great idea to meet up @one. I ride w/Carrollton Cycling during week but am thinking 'bout trying Plano's group this summer. Helps with motivation.

I know, old thread, but...

I had to say 'hey' to the Texas grrls!

I am a born and raised Texas grrl... born in Midland, spent a few of my 20's yrs in Houston and finally settled in Austin. I still visit Austin every so often. My dad has a little hay farm in Waxahachie.

Austin is my fave place though... but I must admit when I lived there I was running, not cycling. I know the cycling there is great though.

Now (since '87) I freeze my tender bits off here in New England... where I wait for the couple of weeks every year when the temp rises above 90. Ahhhhh

I'm hoping the HHH100 is in my future, either 2005 or 2006.

See y'all later!
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

Howdy Ya'll.

I live in Round Rock (20 miles north of Austin) and just started riding a couple of months and am obsessed. My husband and I went on the Melon Patch Tour Ride the first part of August in DeLeon Texas and boy was that a blast. We spent the entire weekend there, because Deleon was having their Melon and Peach Festival and had tons of things to do and see. Its a real small town, 2,400 people, but they sure love to have visitors and really made us feel welcome. You should think of going next year, we are definitely going back.

I've started riding with a new club that is forming in Round Rock and everyone is very supportive.

Bye for now.
    ladyb

Houston gal here!

Like Lady I just started riding seriously about 4 months ago... and I'm totally obessed as well. (Just bought a heartmonitor this week to watch my ticker as I ride, fun stuffs) Mostly I just ride in Memorial Park or down in Pearland with my boyfriend (some nice highway miles down there).

Anyways will be coming out for my first long ride in Oct for Ride for the Roses. Any of ya gals going?

Cheers!

I'll be at the RFR and hoping the weather will be better than last year! It turned much colder than it was supposed to and pretty much everybody there was not prepared. People were buying LAF socks and cutting holes in them to use as arm warmers...that was a sight! Go prepared for any type of weather and try to avoid needing to use the restrooms at the first stop...it will take you 30 minutes or longer to wait in line. What distance do you think you'll be doing?

Hi,

Unfortunately, I will not be riding in the RFR in October. Had made plans for that weekend months ago, even before getting into riding, so won't be participating this year. Hope ya'll have a great ride and the weather is good. We never know here from one day to the next what the weather will be doing. Probably the same for your neck of the woods!

Happy trails!
    ladyb

We're looking to do the 70 mile ride. My boyfriend is a seasoned rider (3 MS-150s plus tri's and such), but my longest ride is about 30 miles with no stops. Going to try a longer ride this weekend. Looking forward to going though!!! I hope the weather will be nice.

Talking

Hi girl's, I live here in Frisco, Tx and I usually ride around WRL or Bachman Lake. Work limits me from riding with groups. I've done the HH100 for the last two years and plan on doing it again this year. Also did the MS150 last year and might do it this year. If anyone is interested in riding in the evenings, shoot me an e-mail.

Smile anybody in San Antonio?

Hey everybody-- Just noticed this thread, thought I'd chime in. I'm a newbie, but am always looking for people in the area... If anybody's curious, there's a relaxing ride on thursday's (leaving @ 7:30...) out of bike world on broadway. Goes through downtown, great for beginners, getting used to traffic, and meeting new people!

Cheers!

Hey archibella!

I'm in Austin. My time is not my own (DH, son, job), so I don't get out of town much. But if you make it up here once in a while, maybe we could get together!

North Texas Here

Havn't been riding long, always looking for lookoing for evening rides during the week and weekend am ridesl. I live just north of Dallas

I road and moutain bike. I belong to the Old Tascosa Bike Club. We have group road rides in the evenings Monday through Thursday except during the winter. Most weekends there is a Saturday or Sunday group ride. There is not an organized mountain bike ride. I can go out to the Girl Scout Trails, here in Amarillo, or the Palo Duro Trails, in Canyon, and find someone to ride with just about any weekend.

Wow, it looks like we are all pretty spread out across the state. I live in College Station...most of the time, but I've been in east Tennessee for the last couple of months for work/school. Looking forward to spring riding in TX, though I'll be sad to say goodbye to the mtb in the Smokies region.