Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: I miss my bike

Hybrid View

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

I miss my bike

Oh, brother!
    I've done a grand total of one ride in the entire month of November.
    Primarily injury is keeping me off the bike. Now my travel schedule is working to kill the rest of the month (which is actually a benefit for the injury).
    But....
    I was driving my Escape into town this a.m. with DH's mtb on the back. Was heading to the LBS to outfit the bike with new wheels and disc brakes (Christmas + Anniversary + birthday present).
    I'm driving past some road work, and there's a steel plate in the road up ahead over a hole. I grabbed the wheel tightly and - UMPH! - gave a big heave with my arms and legs. Duhhh...
    What was I doing?
    I was trying to BUNNY HOP the plate in my TRUCK! It's instinct.
    Sigh. I need to get out on my bike more!

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    I'm with ya on this one. I've been mtn biking much more and running more than normal, so I've not ridden my road bike this month at all (and too funny about bunny hopping the road obstacle- HA! ). We'll get out there again soon! In the meantime, let yourself heal up nicely, and your bike will be waiting eagerly for you when you return to it (can you hear it whining and begging to be ridden?).
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike