Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Ibex Bra comparison?

Hi girls- I wear the Seamless Sport bras and I love them, so much that I want to try the ones with smaller straps to wear under my regular clothing. Do any of you know the difference between the Seamless Wool Support Bra, and the Seamless Wool Bralette? I am guessing that the support bra has more support (duh) but I was wondering if the fabric in the front is thicker. I have a real "headlight" problem, those babies just don't lie down.

Hi! Long time no see but I'm still around and kicking.

I had some fabulous wool long underwear bottoms and discovered today that they got holes in them in the wash.

I need new bottoms so where do I come for recommendations but to the EXPERTS!!! I know y'all know the best pants at the best price. I'm in south Mississippi, so anything lightweight wool would be fine.

Mine were 100% Merino Wool. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!
    "Chisel praise in stone; write criticism in sand."

Got DH some wonderful merino sweaters (t-shirt style) at TJ Maxx. He's wearing one today as a base layer. They are an off-brand but really soft and nice. Flatlocked seams. $15. I might have to steal one, even if it is a bit too big. I wish they had had one in a small.

Deb

Quote Originally Posted by sandra View Post
    Hi! Long time no see but I'm still around and kicking.

I had some fabulous wool long underwear bottoms and discovered today that they got holes in them in the wash.

I need new bottoms so where do I come for recommendations but to the EXPERTS!!! I know y'all know the best pants at the best price. I'm in south Mississippi, so anything lightweight wool would be fine.

Mine were 100% Merino Wool. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!
    Hello! Good to see you again!
    If the longies you had were early Duofold merino, they suck. Yes, they do. And I know this from personal experience (my own and S'Knot's) I'd suggest lightweight Ibex, Smartwool, or Joneswares.
    Ibex: http://www.ibexwear.com/shop/product...woolies-bottom
    Smartwool: http://www.rei.com/product/719536
    Joneswares: http://www.joneswares.com/item/Women...Tights/310/c71 (these are actually fairly heavy, but I've got several 270g items and they are very very durable!)
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

What have I done?

As I posted earlier, I decked out my entire family in merino for X-mass. I bought DH stuff for an upcoming ski trip, but with the cold snap we are under he hasn't stopped wearing it since X-mass day. DD phones me from frigid Boston yesterday, to say "I finally get this smartwool" and DS heads off for a trip to mexico with his GF sporting his new icebreaker sweater...............
    Last edited by Triskeliongirl; 01-06-2010 at 11:58 AM.

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Sittin' here at my desk all warm and toasty (19F right now with a windchill of 8F)....wearing two pairs of stripey smartwool socks, my Ibex thick wool tights, a little cotton tiedyed sleeveless dress, with a thin Ibex base layer top and a thick smartwool black turtleneck over that. mmmmmmmmmmm........snuggly!!!

wool. it's not just for breakfast anymore.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The people I was x country skiing with were very interested in my Ibex tights/pants. Although they were dressed appropriately, not a one had any wool on.
    I will educate them over the course of the next few weeks.

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I will educate them over the course of the next few weeks.
    They will be assimilated.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by fatbottomedgurl View Post
    Hi girls- I wear the Seamless Sport bras and I love them, so much that I want to try the ones with smaller straps to wear under my regular clothing. Do any of you know the difference between the Seamless Wool Support Bra, and the Seamless Wool Bralette? I am guessing that the support bra has more support (duh) but I was wondering if the fabric in the front is thicker. I have a real "headlight" problem, those babies just don't lie down.
    I have the Bralette but not the Support Bra, but from their tech description, I think they're the same double-layer fabric. I don't have the sport bra to compare it to, but it's not at all thick.

I also have the Balance Light, and it's a single layer of the same weight fabric. It's not a lot of support, but very comfortable.
    Last edited by redrhodie; 01-08-2010 at 06:34 AM.