Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 217 of 221 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221 LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 3311

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by jessmarimba View Post
    Anyone have a favorite wool slipper they want to recommend? After two days in the 30s here I've decided I will splurge on quality slippers this year.
    Maybe not quite what you're asking for, but I love LL Bean's shearling-lined slippers. I bought the clogs because I used to live in a place with wood or tile floors all over and wanted the traction.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

You're making me sad ... I just had to recycle my moth-eaten ProTogs jersey. Too many holes to darn. Company's been out of business for decades.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by jessmarimba View Post
    Anyone have a favorite wool slipper they want to recommend? After two days in the 30s here I've decided I will splurge on quality slippers this year.
    I'd go with the Acorn inside-out lambskin slippers. Soooooo luxurious!

I am looking for a light weight merino long sleeved jersey, not short sleeved. I have had some of the heavier ones and they are just too heavy for me now, as I seem to have more tolerance for cold riding. I prefer regular thermal if I need a heavier weight, and I wear a base layer. And I don't really want to spend 200.00. While I am not opposed to spending that much, for maybe a jacket, I won't for a jersey. I searched the net on all of my usual sites and nothing. All of the wool jerseys are heavier than the one I have, which was bought at Performance on line.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I am looking for a light weight merino long sleeved jersey, not short sleeved...
    I misunderstood, and good luck with your search! I've not seen a lightweight long-sleeved wool jersey but that doesn't mean there isn't anything out there. They are quite spendy, I was fortunate enough to score my long-sleeve Smartwool jersey at an end-of-winter sale at my LBS. I got it for almost half-price but still paid > $100 for it... I won't do that again but I am very thankful to have it!

I am looking for a light weight merino long sleeved jersey, not short sleeved. I have had some of the heavier ones and they are just too heavy for me now, as I seem to have more tolerance for cold riding. I prefer regular thermal if I need a heavier weight, and I wear a base layer. And I don't really want to spend 200.00. While I am not opposed to spending that much, for maybe a jacket, I won't for a jersey. I searched the net on all of my usual sites and nothing. All of the wool jerseys are heavier than the one I have, which was bought at Performance on line.
    Smartwool micro light jerseys... I have three and my husband has two. They get worn more than anything else in our athletic wear closet! I have one that fits right that I wear as a base layer under other things, and I have two that are too big that I actually wear as running tops almost all year. I throw one on over a sports bra and then put on a vest and I'm good for a variety of conditions. They are super soft and have held up to washing well (I put them in the washer but hang them to dry). I'm a big fan of both icebreaker and ibex, but these are by far, my most-worn jerseys for athletic pursuits.

http://www.smartwool.com/womens/wome...ip-t-1249.html

Mine is the zip version above, but TE has the crew version if that is more to your liking:
    http://www.teamestrogen.com/prodSW_SN401.html
    Last edited by GLC1968; 10-08-2012 at 08:43 AM.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

I have 3 of the micro weight ones that I use for base layers, especially for x country skiing. I also wore them for running last spring.
    Perhaps I will buy the zip version; the issue is that it doesn't have pockets. I find that at this time of year, with my light wool jersey, if I wear it with a Craft base layer (anything from sleeveless to long sleeved), it serves me in a wide range of temperatures. But, I guess when the pockets are added, it becomes a cycling jersey and the price gets jacked up about 100.00!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

But, I guess when the pockets are added, it becomes a cycling jersey and the price gets jacked up about 100.00!
    Ain't that the truth!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

I ordered a turquoise one from Amazon, for $65.00. I won't be able to wear it riding, unless, a) I'm riding my bike with my Tail Rider, so I don't need pockets, or B) I'm wearing my vest or jacket.
    Given the temperature today, that probably won't be an issue. It definitely will be good for snow sports.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I've got to say, wool and pockets don't mix very well (much like my featherweight synthetic Sheila Moon summer jersey). I'd personally go with a wool base layer under a synthetic jersey. Seen too many people with the sh*t in their pockets hanging down below their saddle in their wool jerseys in the rain... swinging back and forth smacking their seat packs...

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    I've got to say, wool and pockets don't mix very well (much like my featherweight synthetic Sheila Moon summer jersey). I'd personally go with a wool base layer under a synthetic jersey. Seen too many people with the sh*t in their pockets hanging down below their saddle in their wool jerseys in the rain... swinging back and forth smacking their seat packs...
    Agreed. Unless it's really well-constructed, or the pockets are oriented so that the stitches run horizontally, knit wool at such a fine gauge has too much stretch for pockets.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    Maybe not quite what you're asking for, but I love LL Bean's shearling-lined slippers. I bought the clogs because I used to live in a place with wood or tile floors all over and wanted the traction.
    Those sound yummy. I have wood floors as well - that's part of the need for slippers. I've been just walking around in socks, but wood floors combined with a very steep, narrow victorian staircase and I've come near to killing myself a few times this week. I guess at the very least I should get grippy socks to tide me over.

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

I've been successful finding really nice slippers (Acorn) on STP.

Well, about the pockets, I've had no trouble with my precious PI wool jersey. But, I know what you are talking about, Oak. I've had that experience with lots of jerseys. Of course, it happens when I stuff my pockets with all sorts of things I think I need on a ride.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Crankin - look for Earth Wind and Rider jerseys. I love mine - it's a thinner style wool with three rear pockets. I just found one on sale at Voler for under $100.

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

Thank you!!!
    ETA: SheFly, how does that jersey run, in terms of sizing? They don't have extra small, but there is a small. In my experience, Voler jerseys run small, but since this is a different brand, I am not sure. I don't mind the length a little long, but sometimes the sleeves are just huge on me.
    Last edited by Crankin; 10-10-2012 at 04:45 AM.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura