Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by tygab View Post
    To whom have you mailed chickens?
    I am not entirely sure that is a good thing, for the people involved, let alone the chickens...

But yes, I have far fewer quibbles with the postal system these days. We have one that is self service 24 hrs a day, and open decent hours etc. And we even got our passports there last year.
    To other chicken fanciers. You get a shipping box (kind of like a skinny cardboard cat carrier) and 2 young chickens or 1 adult fit into them quite nicely.

YOu do one day shipping, pick the right weather, throw 4 quarters of an apple in there and a lot of bedding, and your chicken does just fine
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Haudlady View Post
    Our last "batch" of chickens (25 layers, 25 broilers) came in the mail! I ordered them from Murray McMurray Hatchery. I can't describe how nice it is to ride home from the post office with a box full of little peepers! They are so cute when they are young.

The birdies came on a Sunday, no less... and the main post office called us to pick them up so the little critters wouldn't sit there overnight. Now THAT'S service!

If only they would do that with your SS packages, too!
    I'm down to one bantam, I miss my others that died (one of old age, the others an evil night critter) anyhow, we need to build a nice chickenhouse, next spring perhaps, I love feeding them and caring for them-I had about a dozen. Jennifer

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by wannaduacentury View Post
    I'm down to one bantam, I miss my others that died (one of old age, the others an evil night critter) anyhow, we need to build a nice chickenhouse, next spring perhaps, I love feeding them and caring for them-I had about a dozen. Jennifer
    I used to have ducks. They were pretty fun, and great eggs! Not much fun to try to keep the coop clean when everything is frozen solid though.
    I remember when I first bought some ducks, from a local farmer. I asked him "How will I know when they're sick?" He replied "When they're dead." (Actually, not too far from the truth, because birds get sick, die, or recover pretty quickly as a rule.)
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Got my socks today!!! I grew up in the Gopher State, but I always thought the Badger State had a cooler mascot...

Thank you so much!!!

Nanci
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Quote Originally Posted by chickwhorips View Post
    Thank you SS aka salsa (i recognized the return address )

i love the socks! specially the bear ones, just glad to see it wasn't a bear inside that package. i think i've seen enough real ones. the cycling ones will be worn tonight. hopefully they bring me luck with coach troy and he doesn't kick my butt to bad.

the cards are beautiful! the pens are fun, i love fun pens. the chocolate is staying with me, in my sight, and not going home so no one else eats it!

thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!
    Well, it was a given you needed bear socks, after your adventure. And the PO wouldn't let me NOT put a return address so I knew I'd be outed. But brief pause for serious speech here:

I think the USPS is really excellent--inexpensive, fast, reliable. I don't get why people complain--maybe you need to experience postal services in other countries to appreciate how efficient the US system really is. The workers at my PO are quite nice, also.

Glad you liked your stuff!

Eat the chocolate yet?
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Quote Originally Posted by salsabike View Post
    Eat the chocolate yet?
    oh yes i did. heaven. let me tell ya! btw wore the smartwool socks today, do you know they are my 1st pair of smartwool socks ever?
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

For all you sisters out there waiting:
    I finally sent out a little box of goodies.

So someone will get a box next week.

Sorry it took so long. I've been swamped in school work!
    Specialized Ruby
    Gunnar Sport
    Salsa Vaya Ti
    Novara Randonee x2
    Motobecane Fantom CXX (Surly Crosscheck)
    Jamis Dragon

You are the best Running Mommy

Thank you sooooooooooo much!

I dont know where to start! Except that i'm sitting here with my cap on feeling pretty damn spiffy

I finally got to the post office 20 mins ago just as it was closing and it was for me!!!! The parcel was for me

OMG you have spoilt me soo much! I love the cap, i love love love the socks... they are so awesome! You have no idea. I love the bears.. how cool is that! I take it that's the california flag i had absolutely no idea!

I love the smiley faces... i love smiley faces. .. did i mention I LOVE smiley faces? and the hawaiian pink socks.. do you have any idea how long i've been eyeing them off on TE???????? Are you a mind reader? Thank you sooo much.

The sweatbands are awesome...i'm going in this big ride called "sydney to the gong (as in wollongong)" (www.gongride.org.au) next weekend with 8,000 other riders. Those sweatbands will make me look like a pro and i know they are gunna make me ride like a pro! There might be another 7,999 riders, but none of them will have my sweatbands

and the water bottle so purdy... and the stationery.. how cute is that cycling stationery and the beautiful california artwork! I know DH is going be after those when he gets home. hmm, might let him have ONE!

God i dont know where to start. Thank you so much. I feel so spoilt.

I had such a rotten week, i've had a pinched nerve in my back and been off the bike for 4 days and i've been testing participants flat out the last few days so i havent even had time to spend on TE!!!!

You are the best! Thank you so so much!

ps what is the blue thing? is it a massager? ha ha, i dont know what it is... but it's such a pretty blue and it feels good if you use it as a massager
    To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived — This is to have succeeded - Emerson

To my SS:

Sorry for the delay, but I finally make it to the PO. You should have your gifts by the end of the month.

Kerry

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    To other chicken fanciers. You get a shipping box (kind of like a skinny cardboard cat carrier) and 2 young chickens or 1 adult fit into them quite nicely.

YOu do one day shipping, pick the right weather, throw 4 quarters of an apple in there and a lot of bedding, and your chicken does just fine
    hmmm...sounds like a great idea for a nice warm Secret Sister month!! <<Takes a notation in her journal>>

Chickens all around!
    ~Sarah~

Check out My Team: Sturdy Girl Cycling

Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live. -Mark Twain

Woop, woop, woop - thread drift...
    True Story: I was at the beach earlier this year with a few friends and we were hanging at a small, out of the way local Irish pub. The food is excellent and the beer is priced right. (They've got 2 wheat beers on tap!)
    There was a sign hanging up that said "3 chicken dinners for a dollar. Ask your server." So, of course, I'm the one who's gotta ask. She says nothing, goes into the kitchen and returns with... you got it, 3 hardboiled eggs on a plate. She loudly made a joke at my expense (caught everyone's attention at the bar) and started to walk away. I stopped her and promptly asked for two pieces of toast. (No, I wasn't drinkin'. Yet.)
    She comes back with the toast. I cut up 2 of the eggs with my fork, added some mayo from the squirt bottle and turned it into a pretty tasty egg salad sandwich. I just left the other egg sitting there until the check came. I thanked her for the wonderful service, told her I was stuffed and then asked if I could get a doggy bag for my egg. hehehe - I got a free beer from the bartender on that one. Lesson learned: don't mess with X. (Note: DON'T mix eggs and beer. Not good in the long run.)

FYI: Madelyn came down and hung out with us at the beach the next morning before her shift. Neat gal with a great sense of humor.

**Now back to the SS swap stories.**
    Last edited by Xrayted; 10-27-2006 at 11:08 AM.
    Oh, that's gonna bruise...
    Only the suppressed word is dangerous. ~Ludwig Börne

UK Elephant you rock. As a SS you go above and beyond in finding the TD related items. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    Brina

"Truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed; then violently opposed; finally, it’s accepted as being self-evident." Schopenhauer

Ok so I got home today from a totally cruddy day/week at work. You know the kind where you want to just quit and walk out without a second glance/thought/care about what you have just done? Well, it was that kind, only worse.

SO I get home, and excitedly look to my front porch hoping that there might be something there waiting for me from someone I have never met. It so would have made my week fade into a distant memory. But alas, nothing.

So my DH and I go to eat some fajitas and hit Lowes for ceramic tile (re-doing a bathroom) and return home. Its raining; I am frustrated because I did not work out tonite and I ate way too many chips and salsa..... walk to my mailbox for what I know will be way too many bills tucked inside. But SURPRISESURPRISESURPRISE! Its a package and its for me and its from someone I have never met!

I rush inside proclaiming to my DH of my findings and rip into my package. (Gently of course. Things of importance need to be handled with care).

The first thing I notice is that its not a bag of $50's but a bag of $100's!!!! WOOHOO!!! I hit the motherload!!! Boy did I LAUGHLAUGH at least 18 times! There were also some $20's thrown in so I'd have something "smaller" to spend.....

My secret sis must be an awesome person cuz she took the time to KNOW that I wanted a bag of $50's, and doubled it. She knew I love my Bianchi so much that she got me some very cool Bianchi socks. I also got a Bianchi sticker which I will display proudly. I got a weekly to do list, and a very cool to list with magnets for my fridge and a disney pen (I love disney!) and cards and lil pads of to do notes..... this was just a great surprise that came on the day I needed it most.

{{{{{Cathy}}}}} You rock LaughLaugh18!

OMG I am having to edit cuz I left out that I got a very cool-o Bianchi catalog as well! My DH is trying to hide it so I don't get any ideas
    Last edited by CyclChyk; 10-28-2006 at 02:19 PM.
    ~Petra~
    Bianchiste TE Girls

flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo

Quote Originally Posted by CyclChyk View Post
    Ok so I got home today from a totally cruddy day/week at work. You know the kind where you want to just quit and walk out without a second glance/thought/care about what you have just done? Well, it was that kind, only worse.

SO I get home, and excitedly look to my front porch hoping that there might be something there waiting for me from someone I have never met. It so would have made my week fade into a distant memory. But alas, nothing.

So my DH and I go to eat some fajitas and hit Lowes for ceramic tile (re-doing a bathroom) and return home. Its raining; I am frustrated because I did not work out tonite and I ate way too many chips and salsa..... walk to my mailbox for what I know will be way too many bills tucked inside. But SURPRISESURPRISESURPRISE! Its a package and its for me and its from someone I have never met!

I rush inside proclaiming to my DH of my findings and rip into my package. (Gently of course. Things of importance need to be handled with care).

The first thing I notice is that its not a bag of $50's but a bag of $100's!!!! WOOHOO!!! I hit the motherload!!! Boy did I LAUGHLAUGH at least 18 times! There were also some $20's thrown in so I'd have something "smaller" to spend.....

My secret sis must be an awesome person cuz she took the time to KNOW that I wanted a bag of $50's, and doubled it. She knew I love my Bianchi so much that she got me some very cool Bianchi socks. I also got a Bianchi sticker which I will display proudly. I got a weekly to do list, and a very cool to list with magnets for my fridge and a disney pen (I love disney!) and cards and lil pads of to do notes..... this was just a great surprise that came on the day I needed it most.

{{{{{Cathy}}}}} You rock LaughLaugh18!
    Hey CyclChik,
    what do you mean??? you have a SS who gives you lots of money??
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Hey CyclChik,
    what do you mean??? you have a SS who gives you lots of money??
    Well, it's paper, and the BIG pieces look like hundreds and the smaller pieces look like twenties...... but can I spend it at a store??

Probably not
    ~Petra~
    Bianchiste TE Girls

flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo