Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Any of you live in Little Rock, Arkansas?

To disable ads, please log-in.

If so, are you enjoying the new cycling/pedestrian bridge? I think it's wonderful, and so far it's been packed every day. It has really brought out tons of new riders.

My first ride across was Saturday and on my way back I had a flat and had to walk back over the bridge. It was still great despite the flat, and the kids that sometimes get out of control on the trail. If any of you are ever in Little Rock, go check out the bridge...maybe cycle across it!

www.bigdambridge.com

Thumbs up Bdb

Quote Originally Posted by rivergrl View Post
    If so, are you enjoying the new cycling/pedestrian bridge? I think it's wonderful, and so far it's been packed every day. It has really brought out tons of new riders.

www.bigdambridge.com
    Other than personal initials I'm not exactly qualified for TE, but am located in the Little Rock area and spend a lot of time up and down the River Trail there. I lost count how many times I've been back and forth over the Big Dam Bridge in the past week. It's a lot of fun, even with all the miscellaneous traffic problems. It's simply amazing to see how many folks there are out there on bikes this past week, as opposed to this time last month when we were pretty much out there by ourselves all summer. It's a great thing for cycling in central Arkansas as foar as the attention it's brought to the sport as well as the visibility it's given to riders here in the community.

Tom
    Arkansas Bicycle Club

I don't live in Little Rock (in NWA), but I visit frequently to see my grandson. Last Tuesday we walked across the bridge at 10 p.m. It was serene, not another person in sight, except for a runner. Lots of bugs, and non-working light fixtures.

I usually bring my bike on my visits and ride both sides of the river. I always thought the bike trail, especially on the NLR side, was well populated. I can't imagine how much traffic it gets now.

Karen

BDB Rocks!

Pscyclepath(aka BBB/aka TE), Tuckerville and I rode across the Big Dam Bridge during the grand opening on Oct 1. Pscyclepath has logged over 8000 miles in the awesomely cool bike paths in and around Burns Park-.
    I live in Cleveland Mississippi- 180 miles from LR and I rode across the bridge 3 times on Oct 1.
    If you want to hook up with a great group of folks that really like to ride- send a private message to me or pscyclepath.

"Are you riding or are you hiding?"- Lance Armstrong
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by rivergrl View Post

My first ride across was Saturday and on my way back I had a flat and had to walk back over the bridge. It was still great despite the flat, and the kids that sometimes get out of control on the trail. If any of you are ever in Little Rock, go check out the bridge...maybe cycle across it!

www.bigdambridge.com
    Why did you have to walk? Please don't tell us you didn't have a spare tube or - egads - that you haven't learned how to change a flat? Oh the horror....
    As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." ~Benjamin Franklin