Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 8 of 188 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

This is Alice, my 10.5 year old Newfoundland. She is rather petite at 120 pounds, but I try to keep her weight down because she has had 3 knee surgeries (born conformationally challenged). I got her as a puppy from the New England Newfoundland Rescue & Referral service. The owners of her mother had gotten a male and female as pups, and believed that if they raised them together they would not have to neuter at least one of them. When they discovered they were wrong, and a litter was on the way; and what they had gotten themselves into, they at least contacted the right group. One of the breeders took over the care of the expectant mom, whelped her and raised her litter. As soon as the pup's were weaned, mom went to be spayed before going back to the owner, who had already taken the male to be neutered. I got Alice on my 49th birthday, she was 30 pounds and 9 weeks old. She has always been a little goofy, and amazingly tolerant of my weirdness. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/newfsm...&.dnm=a821.jpg

pets

I dont know if a picture is going to show up but if it does, its my 2 kitties Man ,and Sally. If not Ill try again.
    Suzie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a 048.jpg 
Views:	591 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	1661  

Here are the girls (ages 15 and 16):

This is Nina, a half-ruddy-Abyssinian/half-grey tabby. She is completely sweet-natured and happy, purrs like a big motorboat, peeps like a bird, and we adore her.

Attachment 1662

And this is The Beeper--a typical Siamese who yaks constantly and lives to be petted and to bonk you on the nose sharply with her very hard head--just as she is doing below. Note she is in her proper place between me and the keyboard. A total grande dame.

Attachment 1664
    Last edited by salsabike; 10-14-2006 at 09:25 PM.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

I just thought I would post my latest avitar photo since you can't really get the full affect since it is so small.. Its of my baby Zoe. She is a rat terrier. She does this thing where she "whines" for attention and I took her pic mid whine one day. She looks stoned!! (Not that I know what that looks like except from movies <quicksave>). But doesn't she have the cutest underbite???

Name:	zoe1.jpg 
Views:	572 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	1665  
    ~Petra~
    Bianchiste TE Girls

flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo

Here are my boys:
    1. Rottweiler Nelson (he is my baby! - 120 pounds
    2. Red little dog - Cooper (we call him a Miniature Golden Retriver) - 27 pounds
    3. Middle size and the youngest - Ramble - 55 pounds

Name:	0918db80d780.jpg 
Views:	575 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	1675   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3498scd.jpg 
Views:	554 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	1677   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cooper in the woods.jpg 
Views:	580 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	1678   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ramble in the woods.jpg 
Views:	592 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	1679  

I finally got my pictures put on cd, so here is my Taquana. He is an American Eskimo. His name means adopted son.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007_019.jpg 
Views:	576 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	1703

sorry it's so big

Owh I get to show of my loved ones to

This is Snoopy (age almost 5), she doesn't have a breed, she's just a dog. A friend of mine rescued her from a flee invested nest of puppies and has been with me her whole life. She loves people and other dogs as long as they are not hyperactive.

Name:	snoopy.jpg 
Views:	555 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	1706

And this is Vlosje, my guestimate is that she is about 17 years old but still going strong. She is happy if she gets her food twice a day and can get her evening walk around the block.

Name:	vlosje.jpg 
Views:	566 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	1707

This is Salem, who sadly has been missing for a week He is just under 2 years old and never misses a meal. We think someone may have stolen him as he is microchipped and so far - nothing.

There are a lot of unwanted, unloved bikes out there - go on give a bike a good home

Quote Originally Posted by Python View Post
    This is Salem, who sadly has been missing for a week He is just under 2 years old and never misses a meal. We think someone may have stolen him as he is microchipped and so far - nothing.
    So sorry Salem is missing. Sure hope he finds his way home!

Kerry

Oh, Python, I sure hope you get Salem back. My sweet Ariel was missing for a week about 13 years ago, and I was out of my mind. A neighbor found her and brought her back to me. She's getting old, but still strong.

I love seeing all these animals--thanks everybody! CyclChyk, that picture of Zoe totally cracks me up. To me, she looks like a cranky old lady, complaining about something. And then to learn that was a picture taken mid-whine was perfect! She's adorable. Love your new avatar, too!
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Here's one of my girl kitties- Molly-she's about 1 1/2 yrs old. Trying out the camera and she was there. Jennifer

Name:	SUNP0007 1.JPG 
Views:	509 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	1710  

Happy Bowloween!!!!
    OMG that was terrible - just had a big chunk of Toblerone...think I'm going batty....alright someone stop me, it's getting worse.

Name:	DSC00091.jpg 
Views:	528 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	1713
    Last edited by cherinyc; 10-04-2006 at 06:01 PM.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    John Lennon, "Beautiful Boy"

Cheri- I love Biggie in his costume. My DH does not let me dress up the dogs. Heidi does have a cute little Argyle sweater, but no costumes.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Oh I so love and miss toblerones!!!

And biggie's ears are PERFECT for that costume!!
    ~Petra~
    Bianchiste TE Girls

flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie_Ama View Post
    Cheri- I love Biggie in his costume. My DH does not let me dress up the dogs. Heidi does have a cute little Argyle sweater, but no costumes.
    Quote Originally Posted by CyclChyk View Post
    Oh I so love and miss toblerones!!!

And biggie's ears are PERFECT for that costume!!
    Aggie - yes, BF and I discussed the other day that dog costumes are solely purchased by women (probably goes back to the fact that as little boys, they didn't dress up dolls either).
    This was from 2 yrs ago, and I honestly put the costume on, took the picture (when I could stop laughing) and took the costume off. Poor things' legs are so short, that the bottom part at the front kept slipping off and tripping him.

Cycl - a co-worker just returned from a trip to Italy, and brought me one of the foot long Toblerone's...I swear it's like 2 pounds. I am trying to only eat 1 chunk every few days or so. So good! And yes, Biggie Smalls' bat ears were perfect for that costume.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    John Lennon, "Beautiful Boy"