Sounds like you both know how to deal with the heat. Our summer, so far, has been the hottest, ever, for us - way above normal for heat and heat index numbers. Not sure how I would have handled it all if I could bike, right, now. The heat has definitely been an issue for my walking, though. It's the pits for walking. Taking advantage of shade when I can find some is a big help, as you've mentioned. Going out, early, helps, too.

Stopped in at my local shop, today, to have the Log Lady single speed set up for more road duty. I'm switching out the tires to a more road friendly, faster tread and will up the gearing just a bit. I plan to use both single speed bikes when I get cleared to ride, again, as mostly road/gravel bikes with maybe some easy trail work. Mostly road bikes, though. I'll use the single speeds to get in condition and to use on the road as errand/utility/fun bikes.

Don't know if I can ever trust those skinny 2.2" wide tires again for serious trail work after this accident. Staying with fatter tires on the trails is definitely a move in a safer direction. I'm going nuts, though, not being able to get out and ride. The trainer is a good thing for conditioning, but it does nothing for my need to ride. Under two week to go, now, before my next doctor visit and X rays to see how much I've healed. I am so praying for good news.