Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Can I "turn off" the front shock on my bike?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Stupid question, I know, but since I'm using my bike mainly on the road and crushed limestone path if there is a way to "turn off" the front shock should I do it? Is there a benefit? This is the type of front fork, ( I think) that I have
    SR Suntour XC60, 75mm travel
    I'm putting thinner, slicker tires on it tomorrow.
    Thanks in advance,
    Gray
    Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul.
    Walt Whitman

My blog: A Gamut of Interests

Mine has a little turn dial on the top of the left fork. If you have one of those, you should be able to lock the fork. I do this when on the road so I don't lose power with the bounce. As far as I know, that is the only way to "lock" mtb forks but there are plenty of ladies here with a variety of fork styles that can illuminate any other possibilties for you.

Happy riding.
    Oh, that's gonna bruise...
    Only the suppressed word is dangerous. ~Ludwig Börne

GraysonKelly - It doesn't look like you have the "lock out" ability on this front fork. What type of bike are you using? One thing to consider is replacing this fork with a rigid fork. Suggested retail on mountain bike rigid forks are about $60 - $70. Similar prices would be for a hybid rigid fork.