Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: New to site

Threaded View

New to site

Hi! I've posted a couple of times on various threads, but realized that I hadn't formally introduced myself.

I'm 62, and was heavily involved in cycling throughout the '90's and into 2002. I was a single parent, and I got my son involved as well, but couldn't get my daughter into it as she was more interested In the boys. My career started to interfere, and I couldn't ride as much as I wanted and it dwindled to non existent . Four and a half years ago, I purchased a 2010 Specialized Sirrus Expert, as I wanted to start riding again--but was having some neck issues, and I thought this bike would be more comfortable (for my neck). I then had to go on a three year hiatus, as I had to have various orthopedic surgeries, and now I'm at a point where I want to get back on the bike. I'm also retired now, and I found a great group in which I can ride with, and looking forward to joining them once I get some of my endurance back. Unfortunately, I did get rid of my road bike and mountain bike six years ago--but I still have the Sirrus. I plan on purchasing a road bike within the next four mos. I know which bike I want, but I'll test ride another as well (I've narrowed it down to two).

I thoroughly enjoy this site, it's keeping me focused (I'm currently in a walking boot recovering from surgery), and can't wait to once again, participate in a sport I dearly love.
    Last edited by CAS; 07-26-2014 at 03:24 PM.