Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean

Cardboard bike supports over 400+ lbs rider

To disable ads, please log-in.

My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

better not get it wet....
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

He was inspired to make a cardboard bike after seeing a cardboard canoe. It looks like it's painted and I guess that keeps it from getting wet.
    2009 Trek 7.2FX WSD, brooks Champion Flyer S, commuter bike

Quote Originally Posted by Melalvai View Post
    He was inspired to make a cardboard bike after seeing a cardboard canoe. It looks like it's painted and I guess that keeps it from getting wet.
    I saw that it was painted - but how long before it gets rubbed or scratched? Especially considering the braking surface is also cardboard......
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    I saw that it was painted - but how long before it gets rubbed or scratched? Especially considering the braking surface is also cardboard......
    Well, it's a $9 bike. Suppose it lasts a few months before it gets scratched and then gets wet. Still a good value!
    Maybe it will be more popular in dry climates and not as big in the Pacific northwest.
    2009 Trek 7.2FX WSD, brooks Champion Flyer S, commuter bike

It costs $9 in cardboard..... the end retail price was quoted in a different article to be more around $90..... you can get a cheap Wally-bike for less than that.... It was a fun exercise for some packaging science dude, but really not practical in the real world.
    Last edited by Eden; 09-18-2012 at 07:39 AM.