Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Possible explosion at the finish line for the Boston Marathon?

To disable ads, please log-in.

At the risk of inciting panic, I wanted to post this. There's apparently been an incident, possible a serious one, near the finish line for the race.

Crankin, any word from Oak?
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I just got home and DH just called me.
    It's bad. Oak was right near the finish or had just finished. It shows her time as not done. I have not heard from her or her DH, although I don't know if he has my #. I am going to text her now. The streets are blocked off. Most of the injured were spectators. Of course, there were tons of doctors around.
    I will let you know, please don't panic. The news reporters (not the sensationalist kind) are saying it looked like Iraq.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I just got home and DH just called me.
    It's bad. Oak was right near the finish or had just finished. It shows her time as not done. I have not heard from her or her DH, although I don't know if he has my #. I am going to text her now. The streets are blocked off. Most of the injured were spectators. Of course, there were tons of doctors around.
    I will let you know, please don't panic. The news reporters (not the sensationalist kind) are saying it looked like Iraq.
    Oh my gosh. Please keep us posted if and when you can.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

If she was close, they re-routed everyone to a nearby street and they were told to go to the family meeting area. I hope she is there.
    I texted her, no answer.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Hopefully she just doesn't have her phone on her or some other innocuous explanation...
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I am more worried about her DH. He most likely was in the stands, at the scene. From my calculations, she was at mile 25 when it happened.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

obviously this is only helpful is someone has internet access and can list themselves...

http://www.redcross.org/find-help/co...r-safe-listing

A friend of mine who was there posted on facebook that none of her texts would go out even though she could receive them, so even no news from Oak might not be bad news.

Keeping my fingers crossed for her and her DH. (The photos are so sad!)
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

I am more worried about her DH. He most likely was in the stands, at the scene. From my calculations, she was at mile 25 when it happened.
    Cr*p.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

They are both fine! Cell service is questionable down there. Her DH texted me and then called me on my land line.
    It will be awhile before they get back here; traffic, etc. is a nightmare. My son, who works in Cambridge, on the other side of the river had his whole building shut down and let out early... he works in a building with Google, Apple, etc, so they are not messing around.
    The medical response has been awesome. It's being handled as well as any city could in this situation.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I feel really bad for anyone injured by the explosions, and I certainly hope that neither Oak or her DH are among them. But even if they're fine, it upsets me that this may very well be her lasting memory of the race, after all she went through to get there.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Oh my, oh my...hopefully they are both fine and just can't access a phone or the like for now...

They are both fine! Cell service is questionable down there. Her DH texted me and then called me on my land line.
    It will be awhile before they get back here; traffic, etc. is a nightmare. My son, who works in Cambridge, on the other side of the river had his whole building shut down and let out early... he works in a building with Google, Apple, etc, so they are not messing around.
    The medical response has been awesome. It's being handled as well as any city could in this situation.
    Thank goodness. Give them hugs from all of us if and when you see them.

Oak, so glad you and DH are okay!!!

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Again, they are fine.
    We will debrief, don't worry....
    Last edited by Crankin; 04-15-2013 at 12:26 PM.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Oh, phew!

I think that was the last person I knew who was there and everyone is safe...but what an awful thing all around.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom