Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Running Nov 11-17

To disable ads, please log-in.

It was in the 30's all day so I got on the treadmill. Today's music was old disco from the 70's and 80's. Ahhh... Patti LaBelle, The BeeGees, Donna Summer... It was like time travelling. Hot nights in smokey bars... dark dance floors filled with dancers... the pounding beat and the swirling lights... getting very close and personal to "Love to Love You"... Ummm... never mind...

There's nothing like time travel... I made it 10 miles.

EEEEEEEKKKKK!! 10 miles on a treadmill with disco music. I can't think of worse torture!

I haven't heard back from my coach yet. So that means I don't have to start running just now.....right?
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Treadmill it is....................made it 8 miles of tempo work out. I love the 70 and 80's. Boston and the Bee Gee's reminds me of high school dances!! Mr Shiraz had a John Travolta suit that looked so good on the dance floor!
    Anita "Shiraz"

4 hilly miles on the road, sans soundtrack.

2x 2 minutes video analysis of my running today. 3D Foot scan too.
    Turns out I have the typical foot problem that leads to shin splints, so inlays it is, let's see how these will fix me.

I've been running 4x/week for 2 weeks without significant pain, but then again I skirted around the speed units. A long run was in order though, no pain...

Had a nice experience on a ramp that leads to my parents house, I felt much stronger than I used to. So all the training is working out in some way...
    Last edited by alpinerabbit; 11-13-2007 at 01:54 AM.
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

Finally dragged my sorry *ss out for a run yesterday. September's injury dragged into reasons turned into excuses and it had been way, way too long. So for now it was just get out there and do it, no intervals, no real "training" in mind. Having this thread up here was a big motivator!!!

It was one of those warm fall days anticipating rain, 65 degrees, cloudy and humid. Four laps of our 1-mile track, semi-resilient surface, through trees and landscaping. Slow, but it felt good. Just what I needed for a warm-up before teaching my advanced-beginner strength class.

I'm finally going to do that Daytona 5K this year.

Went for a 5 miler last night and felt great. Finally! If you've read some of my other posts over the summer you know I had been struggling with fatigue and then was diagnosed with hypothyroid. Now that I'm being treated, I'm getting my energy back. YAY!

Three for me yesterday and probably three tomorrow. One running buddy is recovering from the NYC marathon and the other has a cold, so we won't be setting any speed or distance records this week.

KB

What do you mean, going on the threadmill because it's in the 30s! That's the best time for running!

It was 4C this morning. Chilly but oh so refreshing. (And wakes you up in no time!) Just went for a short run with my DRP (dear running partner) at 7 am. We were rewarded with a beautiful glow on the top of the nearby mountains on the way back, I feel privileged.

I'm at 725 km running this year. Somehow I had failed to realize that running kilometers, like cycling ones, added up. Now I can have a goal: running 850 km in 2007! Ain't that fun....

Keep running ladies!

I did 5 mi. on the treadmill Sunday. It was nice outside, albeit very windy - upper 60's temp. But there was too darned much on t.v.! That'll put me inside sometimes, I admit. Compared to several years ago, though, when I used to blow off my workouts to watch the tube, it's an improvement. It was also good to work on my pacing.

Back outside tomorrow for 2-3 miles.

Deb

Not quite four on the fitness track again yesterday. Moderate intervals this time, three minutes push, three minutes recovery. Can't remember the last time I ran two days in a row, but it was too nice of a day to stay at the gym after my beginner classes, and no time in my schedule to ride.

10x400 m Americaine on the track last night (I suck compared to our IM/Marathoners). Got my HR up to 190 on the last one

I'm pain-free today but am looking forward to trying those insoles. Coach said they sure "fixed him".
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

I was still in bed at about 6:45 this morning when I smelled the aroma of fresh croissants baking in our collective kitchen (I live in a residential college). I did not feel like running but I knew I had to get out of bed, run a bit and then get one of those awesome buttery things!

It took me a while but I crawled out of bed and into my warm tights (3C this morning). I just went out for 20 minutes but wow! what a 20 minutes! I did a loop with a LONG (1 k) and rather steep (5% - for running, that's steep to me) hill. The hill is on a main commuting route for cyclists and there was one coming on a road bike, on the road, just as I was starting up the hill. I just took off, telling myself that I hoped she would not pass me before the next corner. Well she never passed me, nor even came close, as I finished a good 20 meters ahead of her. Obviously, I was the only one racing, but it was fun anyway, and I finished in less than 20 minutes, so that I could get to my croissant faster.

Did my long slow run today ..12.25 inside.. on the dreadmill. it went pretty good considering it was on a treadmill. I had to get the run in before the grandbabies came. I had to get off and take a few minutes after 5 miles but than I finished.

I didn't get a run in Monday or Tuesday, probably will not get a run in Thursday so my week is:

Sunday 8 miles tempo
    Wednesday 12.25 SLR
    I better get some miles Friday and Sat and it better be outside!!

I am about 2 weeks from LV 1/2 marathon Dec 2. Hope my long runs improve.
    Anita "Shiraz"

I ran twice on the treadmill this week both about 2 miles. I ran 3m once outside, I believe on Sunday? Which was a GORGEOUS day. One of those days where it feels like you could run forever. I debating on what to do today. I need to get my car to the shop and thinking about putting my bike on the back so I can ride to work and then home, then to the car. But I also want to run today... so I think I will do both. I can run 4 this afternoon.