Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous photos, RnR and Yellow. I would be happy to run in either of those settings! I'm running in a very different kind of place that looks like this:
    Attachment 17838

It's pretty, to be sure, but there's a lot of landmines (dog poop) from unleashed dogs running around, and it's hot and sticky. Last winter when we were here I ran mostly at the track, but there is NO shade there, and at least this MUT has quite a few areas of shade at the time I run (mornings).
    Holy cow that looks hot. No shade at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollgirl View Post
    Holy cow that looks hot. No shade at all.
    Oh, I took this photo later in the day. I can't remember why because it's from last year -- probably doing a bike ride? When I run at around 7:30 am, there is a lot of shade because the sun is low in the sky. Also, on many parts of this path, there are buildings on the right side that provide shade.

That said, it is still very warm even with shade. It's usually in the upper 70s when I head out around 7:30 am, and the humidity is very high since it's highest in the morning. The humidity would be a little lower later, but there'd be less shade and more heat, so I continue running when I do.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

So I am off from school this week. I did a short run yesterday morning on the rail trail. My second favorite place to run if I cannot be in the woods. I kept it short and easy because we are signed up to race on Sunday, a 10k trail race with lots and lots of punchy, rooty climbs. My right calf is barking at me, so I ran a little and stop to stretch and ran a bit more and stretched. It was tough to baby it because I felt good otherwise and just wanted to go, go, go. Perhaps it is a blessing in disguise holding me back a bit for Sunday. I really hope it settles down before the race. I hate racing with a niggle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rail trail.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	17839