Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Dear So and So

Hybrid View

130 days? Need to check the app,

Dear Florida and Texas mobile users,

You're wondering why your service is not working. A quick check outside the window should answer your question. You've just had an epic, historic storm.

Did I just hear you say that your neighbors house was destroyed and yours is fine? Quit worrying about your phone and go help them. You can post about it on Instagram later. and get likes. No, I can't actually say that to you.

We, as well as other companies I'm sure had technicians lining up to caravan down to restore you from before the storm hit. Those techs know they won't see their families till the workis done. That's what we do.

But in some areas they can't get in until it's safe to do so. So hang tight, turn wifi calling on

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203032

and invite your neighbor over for coffee.

Signed

Trek short timer 420
    Last edited by Trek420; 09-14-2017 at 12:11 PM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

So frustrating dealing with a culture so ingrained with "I want it NOW!". They just don't understand or don't care that someone has to work in torrential rain, extreme heat, or extreme cold, blizzard condition. They want it now. And the customer rep has to be polite with I want it now crowd.

Too bad someone doesn't have a telephone app like the Jolly Roger telephone company's phone app. If you don't know what that is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXVJ4JQ3SUw and there are other youtube video by jolly Roger tel. company.

You have my sympathy Trek. yeah count out the days...

I think some people understand the situation on one level, but are frustrated after days with no utilities and limited or no ability to communicate with others. I know after Sandy I had family members who just got tired of being cold and trying to make the best of not being able to cook anything or see without a flashlight after dark. I also remember people reporting power outages to the utility company's facebook page for lack of any other way to contact them.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Just to add a positive story: DH and I started back from our hurricane hole in Mississippi, where we spent 6 nights before heading back to Winter Garden, FL. This is a two-day drive, so we spent the night at a small campground outside of Tallahassee. When we pulled in, we were told that there were no utilities as a tree had fallen on their power lines, and without power, no water could be pumped either. We decided to stay and make do for one night since we have a generator in our motorhome; our only real issue was limited drinking water, but we had enough for the one night, just wouldn't get to take showers.

About an hour after we arrived, four Duke Energy trucks pulled in, and an hour later, the campground had power. Several others there had been four days without power, so they started dancing around, yelling, and clapping. They were soooo happy and thankful for the utility workers! We were too, of course, but we had not been without power for days in advance, which can really wear on you.

I hope they Duke guys went home happy that night, knowing that their efforts were making people's lives so much better after such a horrible storm!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow