Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Bicycle fit

Bicycle fit

To disable ads, please log-in.

This discussion started out about setting up and adjusting my drop handlebar but now I'm just trying to get things comfortable. I wanted to learn more about seat set back. I have a two bolt 0 degree off set post. I set the post with no off set first and test rode 30 miles. My legs were burning by the end but it was my first ride of the year. I lowered my seat post a little and rode 25 miles the next week. I felt good after the ride. Then I made some adjustment for off set and did a 16 mile ride. I had some issues with foot numbness. Should I lower the saddle again or should I just move my saddle back? Er, um I ment forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Methinks you should find a good fitter. These adjustments can go on forever, and you may be missing something essential.

This is very good advice. In the meantime I might try putting your saddle foreward a bit. The downside of moving your saddle forward is that it can put more pressure on your knee and will bias your quads more so in the pedal stroke, so they may bet more tired. So just watch out for those things.

A good bike fit should really be done from the pedals up: foot on pedal, knee over foot and pedal then saddle. Once the saddle is set, usually the handlebars/stem etc are adjusted, not the other way around. If you try to adjust your boday around the handlebars, it's easy to get into a situation of chasing your own tail.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Sounds like I should probably put it back where I started then. Thanks for the information. I'm not going to make any more changes unless I have pain.