Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 89 of 133 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1989
    Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by divingbiker View Post
    But wasn't that tailwind last night wonderful? I actually felt the wind pushing me along.
    DB...you're out biking again!!!! Hooray!

(as for me...I woke up at 4:30 a.m. to the sound of torrential rain, blowing wind, and thunder, and was glad I planned to take the day off the bike and do my NTC circuits, instead!)
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

great seeing all you commuters. I rode yesterday and got thoroughly wet. It is becoming routine to get rained on. (thanks, weather!) I didn't get overheated, but I'm still really slow after my hard saturday ride. KEEP riding ladies!
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    I woke up ready to go (even changed to new tires at 10 pm last night), but it was 30 degrees with a wind chill in the mid 20's with winds gusting at 30 mph. I was so mad that winter will not go away I drove instead. I commuted over the winter when temps were in the single digits, so I'm not a terrible weather weenie, I'm just sick of winter- and it will NOT go away...

I can't wait until it warms up and I can wear my work clothes on the bike to work. Can't WAIT!!!!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

A small group of us went on a long ride after work today. The wind kicked up and it got cold, but it was a tailwind up the biggest hill It felt so good to be back on my bike. I don't know what I was thinking, not riding for so long.

Deb
    2016 Kona Rove ST (M/L 54) WTB Volt
    Camp Stove Green Surly Karate Monkey (M) WTB Volt
    Kona Dew Deluxe (54cm) Brooks B67-S

Woo hoo. Fun rides both ways. Mostly tail winds. Seems like we're all writing that! See, we love the wind. Thank you wind.

Very excited to have figured out (well, I'm cautiously optimistic) my numb foot issue that has been plaguing me after I stand on a climb. New insoles! I went to a running store, and the guy was great, and let me try out a whole bunch. I went with a graphite reinforced one that felt pretty cushy, and as soon as I put it in my shoe, I knew it was the one. Anyway, I feel like I had a total bike fit. Everything just felt right. Yay!
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

very cold this morning, almost freezing.
    Heard that there were hail storms during the day but my commute was sunny although cold and windy.. it was my second commute of the week.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

I'm so spoiled.

I'm taking a 2-day class at the U which is closer than my office, but I don't want to park my bike outside all day, so I'm walking.
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Saw Older Guy on the Old Schwinn* today. Haven't seen him in a long time. In typical fashion, he dusted me.

* Yes, I have invented names for all the other bike commuters I see out there.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

What do you ride, how far do you go?

Looking for ideas for a 15 mile commute (one way but bus is an option). Road bike? Touring? Comfort?

That was like my old commute ... I mostly used my converted mtb, SUB, using fenders, rack and panniers. I also had used my road bike a few times, with backpack. I preferred the SUB because of the road debris (better tires); more gears (7 mile climb); more fenders (lot's of rain).

My current commute is now 6 miles and better surfaces, so I road bike primarily.

Good luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '89 Bridgestone Radac Dura-Ace | Specialized Ruby, 143
    '92 Bridgestone MB-1 | Specialized Ruby, 143
    '92 Bridgestone MB-1.2 (balloon tire bike) | Specialized Ruby, 143
    '93 Bridgestone MB-5 (my SUB*) | Specialized Lithia, 143

My blog: Portlandia Pedaler (at Blogger)

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    good commute today. the ride home was super windy, but it was still nice, until some jerk in a huge redneck truck couldn't wait literally 2 seconds for me to turn right onto my street cut off another car and buzzed me so he could get around me. I'm still fuming. It's a good thing I don't flip the bird, or carry a concealed weapon because I sure could justify shooting at people sometimes...
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

It was so windy yesterday, my front tire was almost blown into the curb. I also had to fight like hell just to move over 3 feet or so in the bike lane as I approached my turn. It was insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Girl View Post
    until some jerk in a huge redneck truck couldn't wait literally 2 seconds for me to turn right onto my street cut off another car and buzzed me so he could get around me.
    What's up with that?! I got cut off today too. Good thing we both have good reflexes, and think fast! Cycling keeps you on your toes, that for sure. I suspect my cutter was an elderly person, so I didn't get mad. I recently saw a news segment on what it's like to drive for an older person, and to simulate it, the reporter had to wear blinders and weights on all his limbs, and some other stuff that made every movement take more effort. It made me understand a little better.

Excellent commutes today. Rode an extra few miles this morning just cuz it was so awesome out. Saw the horses still in their blankets, looking happy in the fields. Rode Sugar, my fast bike, because they just swept most of the roads, so very little glass and sand. All was right in my world.

Slacker on wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Girl View Post
    good commute today. the ride home was super windy, but it was still nice, until some jerk in a huge redneck truck couldn't wait literally 2 seconds for me to turn right onto my street cut off another car and buzzed me so he could get around me. I'm still fuming. It's a good thing I don't flip the bird, or carry a concealed weapon because I sure could justify shooting at people sometimes...
    I just read an article that although Oklahoma does have a 3 foot passing law, it only applies if the individual city has adopted it as an ordinance or something strange like that? And also that it only applies if a serious physical injury occurs? Sounds like OK needs some state bike/ped advocacy action!

There's a few regulars I recognize on my route too. If it's nice, Ed is out on his porch and we wave at each other. I always wave at him when I drive by too, but he never sees me when I wave from the car. Larry sometimes is walking his 2 little dogs in his backyard. Keith is sometimes walking his 2 very large dogs on the trail; they walk 3 miles a day and usually pretty early in the morning. Michelle & Ken walk their beautiful huskie(?), who just got a haircut and isn't looking so beautiful at the moment. Another guy walks his beagle, both he and his beagle are little & fat but the beagle is faster. They are so cute.

Michelle & Ken & dog (pre-shave):
    2009 Trek 7.2FX WSD, brooks Champion Flyer S, commuter bike

I chose the wrong bike for the weather conditions today. I checked the forecast before I left, and it looked dry, but it was perfect weather for my Soma's disc brakes, but she stayed home today. It drizzled the whole way. Had gunk build up on my rims that made stopping precarious. Luckily I only got one light. Had to put a foot down while the bike was still moving. That's always fun.

Crazy tailwind back. Hardly had to pedal. Love the wind!

Slacker on wheels.