Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 797 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 297697747787793794795796797798799800801807847897 ... LastLast
Results 11,941 to 11,955 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

I was in college in '78 too, but at Oberlin. I remember walking to a friend's house for dinner. I walked through a portico I knew was there - I could tell I was on the sidewalk - but couldn't see the pillars. When I got to my friend's house, my eyelashes were frozen together.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

The house last night just before the snow started:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	houseChristmaslights1.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	8261

And tonight, after about 9 inches fell:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	house2.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	8262
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

ey

Ahhh..lovely to see the snow!

1978..I was 6 & we were stationed in Victoria

We did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb today & loved being in the middle of traffic /under traffic/over traffic! I thought it would be a waste of $$$$$ but I was pleasantly surpised.

The Sydney Opera house on the other hand.. I still don't see the appeal.

Tomorrow we head to NZ & am hoping it doesn't rain the whole time we're there!!!

One day, i'll be able to catch up with the stuff happenin on TD.

I think I'm finished with my cookie baking binge!! There is no more room in the freezer. After the last bunch cools, I'll make up a gallon-sized zip locs for DH and I to take to our respective offices tomorrow.

Chocorgasms, Toffee, M&M, M&M Chocolate Crackles, Veronica's Oatmeal (w/Chocolate Chips w/Toffee chips), and my favorites, oatmeal w/chocolate chips & pecans!

I meant to make only three batches. Then I went into a frenzy!!! My mother, rest her soul, always made batches of cookies at Christmas, so it's a family tradition. I really can't get in the holiday spirit without baking some.

Do you deliver?

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by mickchick View Post
    My mother, rest her soul, always made batches of cookies at Christmas, so it's a family tradition. I really can't get in the holiday spirit without baking some.

Me too! I made Russian Tea Cakes, and they really bring memories of my mother back. She and I would bake dozens and dozens of Christmas Cookies. I stuck to three batches, and it looks like plenty! I was going to make Thumbprints, but I have no room left. Maybe later.

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Oh, I have kitchen envy. I wish I had a kitchen!

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Oh, I have kitchen envy. I wish I had a kitchen!
    That made me laugh out loud, thanks.

Tulip, how can you live without a kitchen? where is your food?

i am back at work today; a total waste of a perfect snow day.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Quote Originally Posted by BleeckerSt_Girl View Post

That's awesome!

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    Tulip, how can you live without a kitchen? where is your food?
    *sigh*

I've been without a kitchen since I bought this house in August. The renovation finally started in October, and it's getting there, slowly. I do have appliances--very nice ones (new)--in my livingroom. My fancy French-door bottom freezer fridge is plugged in, filled with oh-so-delicious-and-nutritious microwave meals--in the livingroom. I have a big basket on the table that is jammed in front of the fireplace filled with soup and instant mashed potatoes and pretzles and tea and oatmeal and bananas. My stove is a staging area for my paper plates and plastic cups. My dishwasher is next to the front door wrapped up in whatever dishwasher insulation is made of. Sitting on top of it is the new microwave/convection oven, which makes a great place to put my mittens and dog leash, since it's next to the front door. My old (very old--like 20 years old) microwave is in the diningroom on some plastic milk crates. Lovely.

I am less one whole wall, and I have new HVAC, new water heater, new electricity, new plumbing, new recessed lights...but the cabinets are not finished yet. The contractors come tomorrow to finish up the drywall repair and patch the floor where the old wall was, and the final inspections are supposed to be tomorrow, too. Then I have to paint the ceiling and walls. Then it's just waiting on the cabinets, which are supposed to be ready to install in mid-January. Then the concrete countertops have to be made, the sink and stuff installed, the pendant lights hung, and the appliances moved OUT of the livingroom.

Then I'm going to bake a bunch of cookies and drink mulled wine--for a week!

ooooh renovations!!
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    DH's son is visiting, there's a fire in the fireplace, and I have small twin chickens roasting in the oven right now. Stuffing is made, and green beans, and cheesecake waiting.....mmmmm
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What time should we be there Lisa? Your cooking always makes my mouth water.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

We should throw tulip a virtual kitchenwarming when her remodeling is done!

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl