Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 753 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 253653703743749750751752753754755756757763803853 ... LastLast
Results 11,281 to 11,295 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

If it's not one thing it's another

I should add - to enjoy it at its best a Scotch pie should be eaten while watching a second division football match in the pouring rain. Ideally the match should end in a nil-nil draw. The authentic Scottish experience.

I can't wait for you guys to get here to introduce you to all the finer points of Scottish culture

yes! that sounds wonderful! maybe Raleighdon and I can make that with the lamb steaks we bought yesterday!
    thanks Bruno.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

so who had cheerios and farted three times yesterday...?
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno28 View Post
    I should add - to enjoy it at its best a Scotch pie should be eaten while watching a second division football match in the pouring rain. Ideally the match should end in a nil-nil draw. The authentic Scottish experience.

Of course. Can we also then have a couple of insane guys behind us screaming horrible curses at the opposing side and maybe throwing things at the ref? I can't wait either.

Actually, I would love to have a good Scotch pie.

We just tried to take a bunch of photos of three Anna's hummingbirds, two males and a female, fighting over the hummingbird feeder that hangs in front of the living room window. I have no idea whether any will come out (35 mm, not digital) because they zip around so fast, but will post some if they do. In the meantime, this is from a previous winter. I know you've seen her before but I thought she was lovely enough to post again. That curve of the neck always makes me think of a dancer.

Attachment 5045
    Last edited by salsabike; 08-18-2008 at 01:16 PM.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

For those of you that need a good story to read;
    Raleighdon's Winter Solstice ride
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA

Mimi, do you suppose Raleighdon will be able to adjust his mileage down or will he have a hard time turning this off?
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

he has a different kind of challenge for next year, and two hand surgeries planned, so i think he will do less next year.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA

((( Wahine and Wahine Mom ))))

I understand there's a party at Mimitabys place, bring smoothie fixings

Ah the miracle of TV. My Satelite service went off, the Dishnetwork guy just left. He did a re-install, cables look a lot neater. The original had all this slack wiring.

Now back to carpet ripping but first a walk with my patient dog who's been upstairs the whole time.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Trek, we're going to do that, just not yet! it's not assembled yet. You have two people here with 10 thumbs. or something. ek.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA

Mimi, a party like that would be a hoot. I DID get Raleighdon to tell me about that present last week, but believe me, it would never have worked for my spouse, who, when cooking is mentioned, hisses and cringes like Dracula confronted by a cross.

We had our big family Christmas dinner today. 11 people. Really delicious fresh Dungeness crab. I'm pooped but happy. Going to friends' tomorrow night for their Christmas Eve dinner. Thinking about doing a big ride on Christmas Day.
    We are both on vacation till the 2nd for Chris, 3rd for me. What I would most like to do: 1. Stay here and do whatever. 2. Go to Paris again. 3. Go to Jamaica, which we may actually do next Christmas since my brother in law is at the US embassy there.

snowbank

Where's a snowbank when you need one?

I have one in my back yard. And my front yard. And my side yard.
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

Songs going around in my head tonight:

Money

La Vida Loca

Obladee Obladah

Why? I have no idea...

Leaving on a Jet Plane.....