Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    Dianna - I'm going to skip it. As much as I'd love to do it, I really need to focus on my weight loss goals right now and long runs/events like that just throw me off. They make me feel justified in skipping other workouts in the interest of a 'taper' or 'recovery' or fear of having sore legs and not performing correctly...

I bet that run in Sisters will be awesome!

Of course, I'm still shooting to run the half marathon I've signed up for in December at a much better pace than last Sunday. .
    Where is that one?
    2013 Specialized Myka FSR Comp
    2013 Specialized Ruby Sport (carbon)
    2014 Salsa Vaya 3 (steel)
    2014 Felt Z75

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by TrekDianna View Post
    That's where I live!
    Dianna, hubs and I both went to OSU, College of Forestry. One of these days he wants to go back and run the Mac Forest 50k. I don't think it will be 2014, though, as I have vowed to take an "easy" year and am planning only one long race in June (and he wouldn't go to Corvallis without me). Maybe 2015! Do you ever run in Mac Forest?

skhill, I agree about the over decorating, and it's not just Halloween. Of course I always ask myself, "Where do people store all that stuff???" I prefer nature's fall decorations

I am still not running. I'm pretty frustrated because even with the PT and rest (no running or cycling) my problems aren't resolving. I am walking but am challenged by it mentally because it takes FOREVER to get anywhere (and then I only burn 200 calories. Boo.)! Plus it seems that even just walking might be part of the problem my issues aren't becoming less issue-y. I know, it will pass. It still makes me cranky, though!

Quote Originally Posted by TrekDianna View Post
    Where is that one?
    My husband, Susan O. and myself are running the Holiday Half here in Portland. I think it is on Dec 15 and registration is still open. It does fill up though (usually by Halloween).

I also just agreed to consider the Portland Half for next October. Oy.

I did my weight workout last night and followed it up with a brief 2 mile run on the treadmill. I actually only ran about 1.5 miles of it because I wanted to give my old running shoes a shot. I had a feeling they were too tight across the midfoot now (my foot is slightly bigger after the surgery) and sure enough...no go. I had to switch to walking because it was painfully constricting when I ran. It sucks because I really liked those shoes for how they treated my toes. Oddly enough, I have other shoes of the same make (NB Minimus) that still work in terms of width. I think the reason those were so good on my toes was precisely because they were a bit tighter on the midfoot and therefore didn't move around much over the miles. It would explain why the toes on my left foot (the one that was not injured) are getting the crap kicked out of them in all my current shoes. I think they are all too loose on that foot. Maybe I'll have to run in two different sized shoes? That is going to get expensive if that's the case!!

Wait, maybe I'll wear my old pair on my left foot and find something that works on my right one? Who cares if my shoes don't match, right? RIGHT?
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    Dianna, hubs and I both went to OSU, College of Forestry. One of these days he wants to go back and run the Mac Forest 50k. I don't think it will be 2014, though, as I have vowed to take an "easy" year and am planning only one long race in June (and he wouldn't go to Corvallis without me). Maybe 2015! Do you ever run in Mac Forest?
    Yes! I run and bike in MacForest. It's one of my favorite places. Please let me know if/when you are in the area.
    2014 Felt Z75

Columbus HM in 1:47:29, which is a PR by over five minutes.

Told you I'd been setting my goals too low.

skhill, I revise my statement. You are definitely faster than me, which means you could probably rock Columbus in 1:40.

My legs ache.....
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Whooohooo! We did several 400 meter runs before and after 10 sets of HARD strength-cardio efforts - and it didn't suc...errrrr hurt as much as in the past. I even managed to pass most of my team-mates without trying and was one of the first to finish rather than DFL. Something appears to be changing

Wow, Oak that's awesome! Next year, I definitely have to do it. And my brother had a great time hanging around the start line, even got a bit inspired. Exact quote: "there's people fatter than me running a marathon!" so I've pointed him to some couch to 5k info and who knows? but maybe we'll both be running it next year...

Nothing exciting for me this weekend, just 6 miles on Sat, ending just before the rain started. It's supposed to get downright cold this week, so I've brought out warm hats and socks and mittens. 29F predicted for Thurs morning, hard to believe it!

Congrats, Oak. That time sounds scary fast to me...
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Columbus HM in 1:47:29, which is a PR by over five minutes.

Told you I'd been setting my goals too low.

skhill, I revise my statement. You are definitely faster than me, which means you could probably rock Columbus in 1:40.

My legs ache.....
    This is just awesome Oak, congratulations!

WOOT!!!!!!! Great Job Oak. Very impressive!

Wow, great job! It will be awhile before I post times like that.
    2014 Felt Z75

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    Nice, Speedy!

Wow, Oak - I only dream about ever being that fast! Great job on the PR, too!! Congratulations!

I did ran my 8 miles yesterday. I ran the first 5 with my husband and then he headed home and I did one more little out and back to get to 8 (his total for the day was 7). My pace target was 11:43 but I'm not sure I hit that since my husband wasn't having a very good day and I stayed with him. I did pick up the pace when we split up, so overall, it might have been close. I haven't downloaded the info yet. Gorgeous day for a run. We have been enjoying the most spectacular weather lately! I'm loving it!!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

First good job for all the miles put in by all here and the races.
    I missed running last week due to a cold with cough (and shear fatigue with it). Did manage a run on Sunday and then today was my scheduled long run of 10 miles.
    It was cloudy and breezy, the cool/cold front is right behind our current conditions. But the conditions were great for not over heating on today's run. I held a pretty good 11:30 -11:40 pace (good for me) and ran all 10 miles with NO walk breaks. I was very excited about that. I just focused on when I felt good and not when I felt bad. When I was down to my last 2 miles the motivation to be able to brag about running all 10 was strong enough to get me though to the end.

K
    katluvr

You guys who can get long runs in during the week amaze me. I suppose I do have the time to run for two ish hours before work - if I started at 4. I just can't bring myself to want to go before 5 though. I need the wake up time!

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com