Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 318 of 495 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328368418 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Well, there's people who buy that stuff months ahead, I guess.
    I was surprised a few years ago, when my students started reporting that were getting gifts for Easter! I may not be Christian, but I thought I knew the traditions surrounding this holiday, and this didn't seem right. But, it seems like parents feel the need to overindulge their kids a little more. I've had several families I am working with now tell me they wish they never started the tradition of "spoiling their kids" with an overabundance of gifts at X Mas when they were little, because now they can't afford it, but the kids expect it. One of the women I work with described how she stood in a line for 3 hours on Monday, in the cold, to get some toys from Toys for Tots. There were several fights, the police had to be called, and some people had already been there. There were no Marines in sight .
    I just don't get any of this.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Well, there's people who buy that stuff months ahead, I guess.
    I was surprised a few years ago, when my students started reporting that were getting gifts for Easter! I may not be Christian, but I thought I knew the traditions surrounding this holiday, and this didn't seem right. But, it seems like parents feel the need to overindulge their kids a little more. I've had several families I am working with now tell me they wish they never started the tradition of "spoiling their kids" with an overabundance of gifts at X Mas when they were little, because now they can't afford it, but the kids expect it. One of the women I work with described how she stood in a line for 3 hours on Monday, in the cold, to get some toys from Toys for Tots. There were several fights, the police had to be called, and some people had already been there. There were no Marines in sight .
    I just don't get any of this.
    Yikes. I am amazed at how much people spend on their kids at Christmas time. I was talking to a parent at daycare who bought each of their kids their own tablet (for about $200/ea). I mentioned I bought DD an iPod Touch . . . come to find out the next day that he went out and bought each of his kids an iPod Touch as well! I guess he couldn't be outdone. I feel a bit bad for DD as the Touch is the only gift she's getting other than some necessities (like snow pants and gloves). And then I think about the kids that aren't getting anything. And the parents that don't even care enough to go to Toys for Tots and completely neglect their kids . . .

We do Easter presents at our house too. But the gift is a new Easter Dress for church and some candy in the colored eggs for the egg hunt

Dear Limewave,
    Stop obsessing over single speeds. There is no money in the pot right now for one and you JUST got a new mountain bike! I have no doubt you'll get your own single speed in due time. But drooling over pictures and trolling the internet has turned from innocent browsing into a form of self-torture.
    ~Me
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Dear Limewave
    just leave your road bike in a single gear, don't shift.

ps you can always give your daughter little tiny things like a can of her favorite juice or a (insert snack food of your choice) so she has stuff to open.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Dear "nutrition solutions company"
    We are REALLY tired of dinking around with your stupid pump to hours way past our bedtime. I cannot believe your tech drove all the way to our house and decided there was nothing wrong with our pump so he left us with the one that was being stinky... and ... so therefore, first thing this morning when we added more food it jammed up again.
    we would really like a solution... that works??
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna

I have a doll tea set that was mine as a little girl that I plan to wrap and give to her as well. She knows that she's getting it at some point . . . She's been ogling it for awhile.

Right now I'm downloading a handful of free audio books for her iPod at booksshouldbefree.com. Black Beauty, Treasure Island, Velveteen Rabbit . . .
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    We are REALLY tired of dinking around with your stupid pump to hours way past our bedtime. I cannot believe your tech drove all the way to our house and decided there was nothing wrong with our pump so he left us with the one that was being stinky... and ... so therefore, first thing this morning when we added more food it jammed up again.
    You have been met with one frustration after the next! I'm so sorry. Sending healing and hopeful thoughts your way.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR

CALL THEM AGAIN, Demand a new pump. That is what I had to do for my Mom. Wow, major flashback. Push, Push, Push for the right equipment. Good Luck
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Quote Originally Posted by limewave View Post
    I have a doll tea set that was mine as a little girl that I plan to wrap and give to her as well. She knows that she's getting it at some point . . . She's been ogling it for awhile.

Right now I'm downloading a handful of free audio books for her iPod at booksshouldbefree.com. Black Beauty, Treasure Island, Velveteen Rabbit . . .
    One of my very best Christmas gifts was when my mom wrapped up the hands of the old family choo choo clock and gave them to me. I bet she will be excited. I have a niece and nephew that I can't even buy for as they have every gadget know to man - makes me sad. So I give them an outing of their choice with me. My nephew and I took a wonderful hike and he just chattered the entire time
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Dear Guy coughing up a lung in the Cube next to me,
    GO HOME! I don't care if your doctor said you're no longer contagious, you sound awful and that in itself is distracting. You have sick leave, use it. Please.
    May I also suggest that you suck on throat lozenges, or drink some throat-coat tea? There's a reason I tried to give you a bag of lozenges yesterday.

Your cube neighbor, who hopes you get to feeling better soon.
    Beth

Quote Originally Posted by Sky King View Post
    CALL THEM AGAIN, Demand a new pump. That is what I had to do for my Mom. Wow, major flashback. Push, Push, Push for the right equipment. Good Luck
    I already did, waiting for call back.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna

Dear Mimi and Don:

Hang in these! Here's hoping things are resolved before the holidays!!
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Happy Solstice. Dearest Raleighdon is cleared for 10 minute bike rides (stationary) WOOOHOOOOO
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Happy Solstice. Dearest Raleighdon is cleared for 10 minute bike rides (stationary) WOOOHOOOOO
    Yay!!! Celebrate the return of the light!
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Awesome.
    2014 Bobbin Bramble / Brooks B67
    2008 Rodriguez Rainier Mirage / Terry Butterfly Tri Gel
    2007 Dahon Speed Pro TT / Biologic Velvet

Solistice is tomorrow... but a big YAY for Raleighdon!!

Electra Townie 7D