Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 206 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306706 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 17473

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

Nanci - there's nothing to do about the brainstem and the blood acidity (or lack thereof) The researchers have only just started figuring this one out, and the only "treatment" out there is just being aware and controlling the breathing when the symptoms erupt. And keeping an eye on my mitral valve noise.

I'm betting there's something dietary I could do, there's gotta be SOME way to either increase my blood acidity or increase the buffering in my system. (hey, I could drink vinegar and eat baking soda! jk!) It kinda looks like something in the spring is kicking off my gut, and then my gut is kicking off the brainstem thing. Neuro #2 said can't do much until it comes back again next year.

It's all chemistry. I should've been paying attention in chem classes....
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

SK, thanks for the book recommendation.

Thinking of you and your family in this tough time. L.
    fish--I grabbed an hour's sleep from 5:50-6:30 AM, but had three laboring pts all night. Home now to bring the Bianchi to LBS for her pre-tri tune up, and then to bed (for me).
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

sk and salsa, i hope things go well with your family. i just got an email from my stepmom saying that they think my dad will have to go into a fulltime nursing home in 2 months, and he's only 67.

kelownagirl thanks for the entertainment.... did you ever find the white button?

nanci thanks for the updates on the new saddle. i was going to get that one but i ordered the damselfly to see how that one worked. i haven't found one that will work, let alone more than one.

on the upside, its a great morning in my world, no still no sun, but the biologist made home made strawberry bread, with real wild alaska strawberries. yup gonna have to run or ride (oh wait can't ride no saddle) extra long tonight.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Oh, f*cking h*ll!!! I'm sitting here doing a little light reading on TE before going to bed, and fighter jets scream past over my building. It's the acursed Air & Water Show. I hate this thing. Jets roar through the sky all weekend. But Lise, you say, it's just Thursday! Right. Well, they practice half the week, too. Freaks me out, and makes it very hard to sleep during the day when I've worked all night.

OK, AC + Ear Plugs it is. I forgot it was this weekend--but I couldn't *do* anything about it anyway. BLECH.
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

good luck sleeping lise.

want me to sing you a bed time song?
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

The Blue Angels practiced over my office complex for a couple of afternoons. Great view out my office window but then I don't need to sleep during these times either.

Salsa - I finally found your post about your mom, back on page 172. My, we're a chatty group. How're things going? I'm in a bit of a fog today. Bubba's mom is truly showing signs of old age (the forgetfulness and personality change kind of stuff -- at 96 ) and I think my dad is also having TIAs like her, so Bubba and I are really leaning on each other a lot. I am so grateful for him.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

CC - only 2 or 3 slides left. Problem is - I can't get a spare 5 minutes to work on them. Why does everything have to go crazy at work right before I have an interview???

Lise - good luck tuning out the planes. That sucks! I hope the Green Hornet gets a good checkup!
    Elizabee (age 5) at the doctor's office: "I can smell sickness in here...I smell the germs"

Saddle- Selle San Marco Aspide Glamour

http://tinyurl.com/o7uzr

My "saddle advisor" suggested this as the perfect womens saddle- it's apparently won some award. At the time, I told him I first had to try the Blackwell FLow, so I could be the first unsatisfied customer ever, and now the Terry Zero X, which is not looking good...
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Quote Originally Posted by chickwhorips

kelownagirl thanks for the entertainment.... did you ever find the white button?
    Young son says there is no white button. He found all the red ones and pointed them out so I didn't have to try every one. We'd had a couple of glasses of wine when he showed me the game so of course I found it very amusing reading it out loud...

Quote Originally Posted by Nanci
    http://tinyurl.com/o7uzr

My "saddle advisor" suggested this as the perfect womens saddle- it's apparently won some award. At the time, I told him I first had to try the Blackwell FLow, so I could be the first unsatisfied customer ever, and now the Terry Zero X, which is not looking good...
    oh oh! i am in the process of sending this one back as we speak. the sit bones... YOUZER! the pain i tell you.

even my pelvic bone was sore after riding. i wanted to try it for the same reson you saw. it didn't like me one bit.

CWR, which one are you sending back??

PJs ride- I just ride around in my grass, then out the limerock driveway, then down the road 200 feet to the huge paved driveway across the street, where I circle around until there isn't any traffic, then I can ride down the road in the aerobars to the paved driveway 500 feet down the road, where I circle around till the coast is clear again. It works ok for adjusting stuff.

See, the first thing I do when I get home (4 or 5PM) is take off my scrubs, take a bath, and put on my PJs. _Then_ I do all the bike testing/wine tasting/ tort grazing/book reading/dinner making.
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

nanci its this exact one aspide glamour arrowhead with the cut out from those exact people.

if you want to buy it off of me pm me, unless you want to buy it off somewhere that you can return it.

Oh, the one that won the award from Bicycle Magazine is not the Arrowhead- which has a cutout. The one I am interested in doesn't have a cutout. But there is an old thread on here where people hate that one, too. I should just buy another Vitesse like the one I have now, while I can still get it.

i found that thread after i purchaced the saddle.

Hey, guys, thanks for the singing of bedtime songs, not that I could hear them, as I had my ear plugs in...but I slept for about 2 1/2 hr, the best I can usually expect during the day.

The first time I heard the Air & Water Show, I was in nursing school. I had moved to a neighborhood much closer to where they perform. It was 1986. Reagan was President. The fighter jets screamed overhead, and I thought, "Oh cr*p, he pushed the button!" I hit the floor and crawled to the window. Then crawled to the TV. When no one was reporting the end of the world as we knew it, I eventually figured it out! Sheesh.

Nanci, what is it you love about the Vitesse? Perhaps I should try it...
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock