Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

My frame got shipped to my friend's shop today. It should be there by the end of the week. My friend says he's waiting for one more box of parts and he'll have everything to finish the build!!! I could have a new bike very soon.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

My other half got his new bike last night too - He's just taken delivery of a Spesh Pitch FSR...it's pretty...very pretty.

Hope you get yours soon Wahine, i'd be Jonesing for it by now!
    Marin Rift Zone 1999 - Manitou Rear Shock - Marzocchi SuperComp Bombers on the front.

Bike update

My friend that is doing the build got the frame today but the headset was missing and the cable guides for the down tube. He's been on the horn trying to get it straightened out. Meanwhile he's taken the build as far along as he can...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3230003.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	106.8 KB 
ID:	8909   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3230004.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	8910  

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Very cool. I wish I was a good and brave enough mountain biker to warrant a bike like that. Have fun!

It's not about being good or brave. I'm totally worried about "having to live up to the bike" now.

The build is on hold. Turns out the people that shipped it to my friend some how missed shipping the headset and downtube cable guides. They are trying to *find* them. Ugh. This frame is such that you need the specialized parts, nothing else will fit. I might be in for a bit of a wait.

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahine View Post
    It's not about being good or brave. I'm totally worried about "having to live up to the bike" now.
    Hoooo....Don't I know that!
    My mountainbike is 10 times a better bike than I am a rider.
    Nice ride. Do you plan to do mostly xc trail riding or DH with that?
    Good luck finishing the build.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

oooo, beautiful pictures! Hope those last parts come soon!

Wow! That is an ATTRACTIVE bike! Looks great, hope it rides just as good as it looks!
    flickr<<ArtMajor

I have the Specialized Era...very similar, it has the brain...and I am totally convinced it is muttering under its breath the whole time I am riding it...something along the lines of "if she would only sit down and shut up I could do my job." Mine is school bus orange with red trim. I think you are going to LOVE your bike...it is beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Wahine View Post

The build is on hold. Turns out the people that shipped it to my friend some how missed shipping the headset and downtube cable guides. They are trying to *find* them. Ugh. This frame is such that you need the specialized parts, nothing else will fit. I might be in for a bit of a wait.

If that is something that is really worrying you, take a clinic once you have your bike. It may save you a lot of learning curve. If you are down in Oregon, check out the Dirt Series, I am pretty sure they do Hood River every year.

ooohhhh...nice....

Waiting is horrible. When I ordered my road bike it came in with the frame damaged in shipping... the next one came.... damaged... third one was okay. My LBS owner was livid. Patience is a beautiful thing to possess.

Quote Originally Posted by kenyonchris View Post
    I have the Specialized Era...very similar, it has the brain...and I am totally convinced it is muttering under its breath the whole time I am riding it...something along the lines of "if she would only sit down and shut up I could do my job." Mine is school bus orange with red trim. I think you are going to LOVE your bike...it is beautiful!
    I have the Era too - the pink annodised one. Every time somebody tells me what a nice bike it is I wish I'd been able to buy the legs that matched it, because mine sure don't!

Don't worry about measuring up to the bike. Just ride it like you stole it and have a great time on it!

Still waiting... The headset came but the downtube cable guides they sent were the wrong ones. And, there is an issue with the cabling on the hydraulic brakes that my friend can't address because he doesn't have the right tools - he builds high end road bikes for a living so he doesn't carry all the tools for working with disc brakes. So when I get the bike I'll have to take it to my local wrench to work on the brake cabling.

Oh well. I should have her in my hands this weekend - my friend is bringing her to me when he comes up for a local road race we have here. She'll need a little more tweaking but we're sooooooooo close.

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    Wahine, that is a B E A U T I F U L bike. I can't wait for it to get built! You are going to have such a great time with this bike and it will help restore and heal you.

Quote Originally Posted by SheFly View Post
    Wahine - are those tubeless? I haven't tried that yet, but am thinking about it...
    SheFly, I have Kenda tubeless tires and I won't go back! I don't have to air it up as often and I don't get slow leaks from the teenie thorns that puncture the tires. Go with Stan's.

Thumbs up

It's heeeeeeeeeeeeere!!!!

There are still a couple of minor issues to straighten out, cables to fix, suspension to adjust... but my bike was delivered to me by my friend at about 10:30 last night. So, no ride yet.

But she is spectacular!!!!

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2014 Soma B-Side SS