Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Cool looking bike! So how do you like the ride so far?
    Trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmypwds View Post
    Cool looking bike! So how do you like the ride so far?
    I haven't been able to ride often enough to gain confidence in the aero position. So, I am riding using the bullhorns. There are not enough alternate places for my hands to change position. This light aluminum frame with carbon fork is a completely different sensation from my heavy old steel bike. I see where someone explained a twitchy bike meant responsive-- I find mine twitchy. It is taking some getting used to. I am extra cautious when I want to turn to look over my shoulder because of the resulting bike movements.
    Also, my hands vibrate even long after the ride from the pavement. I don't like that at all. I haven't been on a long enough ride to see if that progresses to numbness yet. I am going to post a question about that in the bike section. I do find it comfortable riding in the "pseudo" aero position (that is one hand on the bullhorn)-- someone else here posted a picture of herself in it. I look forward to when I will able to ride in the aero position correctly. So far... I'd say it is a work in progress

Hi wnyrider!

Glad to hear that you're getting out, riding. Between the weather and family obligations I haven't been able to get out nearly as much as I should (or would like to).

The weather people are saying that tomorrow into the foreseeable future we should be dry around here...guess I'll believe that when I see it!
    Jane

Every human being must be viewed according to what it is good for; for none
    of us, no not one, is perfect; and were we to love none who had
    imperfections, this world would be a desert for our love.

--- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by JaneE View Post
    Hi wnyrider!

Glad to hear that you're getting out, riding. Between the weather and family obligations I haven't been able to get out nearly as much as I should (or would like to).

The weather people are saying that tomorrow into the foreseeable future we should be dry around here...guess I'll believe that when I see it!
    I haven't gone far though. My head cold is still lingering. I just went down the road and back, so boooring- then come in and blow my nose a thousand times! I'll keep my fingers crossed for improved weather...

Hi! I don't post here very often but tend to lurk. I am also in WNY here in Cheektowaga!! Good to know there are others out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Savra View Post
    Hi! I don't post here very often but tend to lurk. I am also in WNY here in Cheektowaga!! Good to know there are others out there!
    Hello Savra! I've wondered if there were other wny-ers around here.

What kind of riding do you do?
    Jane

Every human being must be viewed according to what it is good for; for none
    of us, no not one, is perfect; and were we to love none who had
    imperfections, this world would be a desert for our love.

--- Thomas Jefferson

I just got my first road bike this past April after having my trusty mountain bike for ten years. I've been riding to school during the week mostly. It's a nice 10 mile ride to north campus. 20 miles round trip. I keep wanting to do a group ride but I'm pretty slow.