Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

YES! YES! YES! YES! Now I just need to keep this train rollin' . . .
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

125.5....hmmmm

I bounced back down again: 146.

This week I'm just aiming to maintain. I have my first tri of the season on June 8th. So I'm not going to push losing anything.

135.5. I'm starting to think of this as two steps forward one step back.

-- gnat! (as long as it's net one step forward, it's ok!)

151.5. Yesterday I weighed 150 lbs. Must be water weight or something. Man, I really want to break 150!!

Oh well...

I didn't lose any, but I didn't gain either. So that's a good thing...especially since it's been a really stressful week....month end, house sitting, the International Sales Manager (AKA the mother of satan) has been riding her broom around. Hanging at 177.5.

If any of you have been reading my posts, you know I've been having a really difficult time with my weight lately. That's because I promised myself I would never go back to where I was before. I used to weigh over 300lbs. I worked really hard to lose almost half of that weight.

I guess it's no surprise that 7 years later--after a laparatomy, billateral bunionectomy, marriage, giving birth, and moving--that I have gained 15-20lbs. Some of those old feelings I used to have are coming back. I've been digging through some of my stuff from that time when I initially made the decision to change my lifestyle and to lose weight. I posted a before an after picture on my blog if anyone wants to check it out.

Going through the journals and pictures are reminding how much I have accomplished and that I really am a different person. I won't be going back to that place I was in before, even if I put on a few pounds . . .
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Well still hanging in at 149. Getting a little frustrated. I eat fairly well and exercise daily. I ride my bike 20-30 miles M-F, run or hike on the weekends. My measurements are getting bigger too, even at my waist. What is up with that. Here is a sample of what I typically eat, any suggestions to revamp it would be great.

I have Breakfast on my way to work in the car at 5am

B: Zone Bar or Fiber One bar or Cereal without the milk

S: Almonds

L: Usually PBJ with preztles and carrots or left over chicken

S: Fruit or beef jerky or pretzles

D: Some form of meat with either rice or noodles and raw veggie

Thanks and have a great weekend!!

140.4 - another .6 pound gone forever!

A net loss of 3.6 pounds since this challenge began.

A Very Determined Lynette

169.6 for me this week. At least it's in the right direction. I've been good this week, and I'm going to continue to be good, regardless of the outcome. I've learned something lately that may explain why I picked up biking, ramped my miles, and yet still managed to gain almost 30 lbs in the process. But even if I have a reason for the weight gain, it doesn't change the fact that I gained it and I am now responsible for losing it. So I'm going to keep on keeping on!

Limewave - impressive before and afters! That's so awesome that you have your journal to remember that journey. I've found lots of inspiration from my own words from the last time I lost a bunch of weight and kept a journal, too.

Great job everyone who lost this week (so far) - and for those who didn't, just keep at it. I am!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Well still hanging in at 149. Getting a little frustrated. I eat fairly well and exercise daily. I ride my bike 20-30 miles M-F, run or hike on the weekends. My measurements are getting bigger too, even at my waist. What is up with that. Here is a sample of what I typically eat, any suggestions to revamp it would be great.

I have Breakfast on my way to work in the car at 5am

B: Zone Bar or Fiber One bar or Cereal without the milk

S: Almonds

L: Usually PBJ with preztles and carrots or left over chicken

S: Fruit or beef jerky or pretzles

D: Some form of meat with either rice or noodles and raw veggie

Thanks and have a great weekend!!
    It seems to me that you are not eating enough (especially if you are very active). Have some more protein for breakfast in the form of eggs or turkey bacon. Forget those bars...they are usually high in sugar and you end up feeling hungry again. Then for lunch, try to add some variety. Maybe a salad one day, a sandwich the next. Remember, if you don't eat enough, your body will think it is starving so it will overcompensate and start storing everything you eat and hang on to every little piece of fat.

Limewave-

You are truly an inspiration! Wow!

CA
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

weight change

Down 1 lb. New weight 139. I started getting more serious about actually journaling my food this week, helps me stay on track better.

Talking

Limewave- that is a major accomplishment! Your story is very inspiring.

Wendy