Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 10 of 188 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Kitsune06 Guest

To disable ads, please log-in.

Y'know... not crazy about dogs, but I've been so curious about fennec foxes... So cute... always wanted to own a fox (ya think?)

I had a fox that slept in my backyard. He/she (I never did find out) was adorable and hurt nothing. I do not know if they eat mice or not, but we never had a rodent problem. He/she just wanted a warm place to crash and our house came with an outdoor dog house. So for the 6 years we lived there, we "had" a fox.
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Girl View Post
    Here are our three babies. Cookie (the cocker), Max (the black lab) and Jimbo (the golden).
    did they get their treats after that picture?
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune06 View Post
    Y'know... not crazy about dogs, but I've been so curious about fennec foxes... So cute... always wanted to own a fox (ya think?)
    we have a few up here you could adopt. don't tell the feds though. i hear they get upset about feeding foxes around here. specially the ones that get fed in the back yard by BF's boss who they don't like anyhow.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

Kitsune06 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikingmomof3 View Post
    I had a fox that slept in my backyard. He/she (I never did find out) was adorable and hurt nothing. I do not know if they eat mice or not, but we never had a rodent problem. He/she just wanted a warm place to crash and our house came with an outdoor dog house. So for the 6 years we lived there, we "had" a fox.
    Yup, foxes are great mousers. I'm pretty sure Fennecs are illegal to keep in Oregon, anyway, so I can keep dreaming, but they're soooo cute.

they also like to follow you when your out on your bike.

Yup, foxes are great mousers. I'm pretty sure Fennecs are illegal to keep in Oregon, anyway, so I can keep dreaming, but they're soooo cute.
    This one adopted us. He/she came and went. I forgot to tell the new owners about him/her.
    Jennifer

-Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Kitsune06 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chickwhorips View Post
    we have a few up here you could adopt. don't tell the feds though. i hear they get upset about feeding foxes around here. specially the ones that get fed in the back yard by BF's boss who they don't like anyhow.
    ...can I move in? Maybe a tent in the back yard, or a hole in the ground? Live with the foxies like Grizzly Man and go running (jogging) real slow, ...like I do... help you molest ducks for flu tests, etc etc... it could be a good time!

...oh... can I bring DGF too? She'd be upset about the tent/hole thing, but she'd come around... eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Lise View Post
    No way! He's a dachshund! All this time! You never told me! He's gorgeous. How old is he?
    Nope, that's forced perspective cuz of my leg in the way. He's a 70 lb long-legged beastie, kind of an australian shepherd mutt. He's 4 years old.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

...can I move in? Maybe a tent in the back yard, or a hole in the ground? Live with the foxies like Grizzly Man and go running (jogging) real slow, ...like I do... help you molest ducks for flu tests, etc etc... it could be a good time!

...oh... can I bring DGF too? She'd be upset about the tent/hole thing, but she'd come around... eventually.
    sure come on up. i'm sure DGF will come around as soon as she gets up here.

Finally taking the time to figure out how to post photos! I brought home a sweet little kitty who I now believe was abandoned in a wooded hiking area right outside of town. (Put ad in newspaper, called Animal Shelter. No one has claimed him after 5 days.) Well, he's got a home now. Not a name yet - we're still working on that. He'll go into the vet tomorrow for a check-up. I am hoping they can estimate his age. Of course, I don't know if he's had his shots - I hope there's some protocol they can follow for that. I also need to know if he's neutered or not......... if not, I will schedule. The whole family is in love with him already. Incredibly affectionate, loving, well-behaved, yet crazy little guy. So good to have a cat around the house again! So here he is! (I hope.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sweet kitty!.jpg 
Views:	499 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	1738  
    Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived." Captain Jean Luc Picard

Annie,
    He is gorgeous. Congratulations on your newest addition to the family.
    Jennifer

-Mahatma Gandhi

-Aristotle

Annie, He looks just like a cat we used to have - her name was "Sissy", as in "sister to our other cat" (though not related). Something about the black and white gene makes for a very sweet kitty!!

Nina

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    Nope, that's forced perspective cuz of my leg in the way. He's a 70 lb long-legged beastie, kind of an australian shepherd mutt. He's 4 years old.
    Son of a gun, you'd think I, of all people, could recognize a dachshund! He's cute. Perspective is where it's all at.

Annie--wonderful kittie. Looks like a "Bandit" to me!
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Annie, congrats on the great cat!

Kitsune, I used to work at the Boise city zoo when i was in my early 20's and we raised some baby foxes. They have a really skunky body odor. If you can get past that, they really are a lot of fun. I think i'd like them more than dogs.
    They are more cat like.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.