Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Next year the thread should allow spoilers. I'm doing my best not to comment on the stage I am watching right now. [need to comment... Argh]

ETA: I do have to comment, though, to say that I find nasty how some cycling Twitter feeds (including @inrgn) refer to Froome as "Froome-dog". So, when there is not really a story, they start insulting and provoking riders to create one?
    Last edited by pll; 07-19-2012 at 05:02 AM.

I'm kind of surprised Tommy V isn't wearing a polkadot helmet today, he tends to go all in on the accessories.

Maybe if he keeps that jersey today, he'll pull out all the stops tomorrow.

My 2 cents about spoilers -- I'm watching on DVR delay, but I figure I'm in this thread at my own risk. If I'm spoiled by looking at this particular thread, that's my own fault. If it really mattered to me, I'd simply stay away from this thread.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by pll View Post
    Next year the thread should allow spoilers. I'm doing my best not to comment on the stage I am watching right now. [need to comment... Argh]

ETA: I do have to comment, though, to say that I find nasty how some cycling Twitter feeds (including @inrgn) refer to Froome as "Froome-dog". So, when there is not really a story, they start insulting and provoking riders to create one?
    I assumed it was just a nickname. They all have nicknames for each other.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Are you sure it is an insult? I know a guy who goes by the nickname Z-dog, it's not an insult, he likes it.....
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    Are you sure it is an insult? I know a guy who goes by the nickname Z-dog, it's not an insult, he likes it.....
    It might be his nickname but the references to it (as Wiggins' dog) do not exactly read endearing:
    "@inrgn: Today's Wiggins' Froome-dog was a loyal Pyrenees shepherd dog."

Who is @inrgn?

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Tweeter feed of the Inner Ring cycling blog (http://inrng.com/), which is a good blog.

ETA: just noticed I swapped some letters... the twitter feed is https://twitter.com/inrng

It might be his nickname but the references to it (as Wiggins' dog) do not exactly read endearing:
    "@inrgn: Today's Wiggins' Froome-dog was a loyal Pyrenees shepherd dog."
    I don't see that as an insult. Boasson-Hagen is sometimes referred to as BoDog (or BoHog). And I think inring's quip was a pretty apt assessment of today's stage ... I see that as a compliment to Froome's loyalty, actually.
    Last edited by jobob; 07-19-2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Corrected the spelling of BoHog's 'insulting' nickname ;)

Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post
    My 2 cents about spoilers -- I'm watching on DVR delay, but I figure I'm in this thread at my own risk. If I'm spoiled by looking at this particular thread, that's my own fault. If it really mattered to me, I'd simply stay away from this thread.

I never look at this thread until I've watched this race, just in case. Also avoid twitter and google news.

I wonder whom Froome will be riding for next year.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Ah, looks like Tommy V has the mountains classification pretty much wrapped up, he leads it by 11 points with only a few low category climbs left.

He's going to be awash in polka dots tomorrow. Helmet, socks, maybe shorts, possibly even bike. You read it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post

Veronica
    I wonder whom will be riding for Froome he's young, but he's held out admirably. Had he been an opponent rather than a teammate of Wiggins, he would be a substantial threat

(btw - I know that is grammatically incorrect, but couldn't resist the silly rhyme )
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Didn't Froome's girlfriend used "Froome-Dog" to refer to him on twitter?
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post

Veronica
    Good question.

Thing is, I don't really see Wiggins as a long-term GC contender; this particular tour played very well to his strengths but if there were more mountains and less TT, or if Wiggins couldn't keep up in the mountains as well as he did, I suspect support would have switched to Froome early on. Wiggins might not have Team Sky's wholehearted (CG) support next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    I wonder whom will be riding for Froome
    LOL! Precisely.
    Last edited by jobob; 07-19-2012 at 10:23 AM.

Sky put together a really strong climbing team this year - Froome, Rogers, Port, BoHog , Knees... all to really support Wiggins.

Next year they may give more support to Cav. It's an interesting dilemma they've got.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

Oh and I predict no more Radioshack-Nissan next year. What a disaster that merger has become! It's a shame - they have some really good riders.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com