Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Sounds like you'll deserve that reward!

Electra Townie 7D

I think so. I may drive to southern Indiana to meet friends afterwards but have reserved to option to bail depending on how I am feeling by then.

After experiencing port for the first time in Portugal, I am now a fan. I generally dislike liquors, as they tend to taste like cough medicine to me, but I loved all the port I tried.
    Sounds like a good winter drink to me!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

While I can get a bottle of 5 Star Barbancourt Rum on sale at a local store for $25, I decided to start my experimentation with Port. It helped that Trader Joe's has Porto Morgado (10 years Old Tawny) for $11. They told me that the Porto Morgado, regardless of age or type, was their best selling Port so I decided to give it a shot. While I've not drank any for a few years, I HAVE enjoyed Sherry in the past, which is also a fortified wine. Since I typically prefer red wine over white (which is what Sherry is made from), I figured it a good experiment. We will see - and the nice thing about Trader Joe's is if I don't like it, they will give me my money back. What liquor store does that?

Trader Joe's DOES have a $39 bottle of Port, which is high for them...but certainly not for this Port novice :-)

------------------------------
    Added: I finally broke down and opened the bottle for a sip. OMG, I mean, seriously, that is GOOD. Much better than Sherry - very different even though both are fortified wines. I am resisting the urge to pour a large glass of it, need to wait until after dinner...after dinner...I suspect the alcohol content is a bit high for an empty stomach :-)

Thanks to those who suggested Port! I do want to try a good rum, but this was a good way to start my experimentation.
    Last edited by Catrin; 10-18-2014 at 12:26 PM.