Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

104.0 again today, though I was 105.5 yesterday am. But we took a long bike ride (2.5 hours of riding time) yesterday, which probably helped. It certainly couldn't have been fudge, ice cream, and wine I consumed last night!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

126.2 this morning. As much as I would like my weight to drop below 125 on a regular basis, it seems insistent on ranging between 125-127. Considering all that I do, I am not going to complain!

141 this morning, would like to get back to 134 where I look and feel the best. I really need to trade fat for muscle so I expect to see it go up before it goes down.

142.0 this morning. If only I knew why!! I've been 144.5-145.5 lbs for a while now, and suddenly yesterday was 142.6 and down to 142 today.

Maybe my scale is broken...

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Emily

I forgot to weigh myself this morning, so I will wait until tomorrow.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

127 this morning....which is the wrong direction. There ARE signs that I am finally gaining muscle, and am certainly stronger so am hoping this is the explanation. I don't want to fool myself though so am examining my diet to see if I've allowed too many cheats to creep in.

Edited: My cheats are dark chocolate, some divine gelato, and beer The "divine gelato" source is right across the street from my office... It is also possible that my issues with not being able to ride for very long means I need to make up that cardio work elsewhere. I certainly get cardio during my group training, but that is only 3 days a week.
    Last edited by Catrin; 06-22-2013 at 06:27 AM.

Been the same for 2 weeks. Actually, I'm pretty happy, as I've had lots of "cheats," not in the Paleo sense, but in the sense of lots of wine, and eating out, more calories than usual.
    Getting ready to leave for a ride in Connecticut. I am still sic, but marginally better. It's making me hungry!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Perhaps I am worrying overly much over 2-3 pounds - my small Sugoui RS shorts are fitting the same, and indeed the cuffs on the legs this morning seemed looser/less compressive than the last time I wore them... I just spent so many years so large that ANY increase in weight makes me worry - and I still have that blasted apple shape - though it is no longer the super-size apple it once was I AM trying to gain strength, and I think that also can cause us to retain water in our muscles.
    Last edited by Catrin; 06-22-2013 at 02:01 PM.

I really should know better by now...when I suddenly gain a few pounds it is always due to too few calories. When I bump up the calories, the extra few pounds go away. We simply MUST fuel for our activity level! That should probably be taped to my refrigerator door

I am reporting in with my weight from yesterday for this week. I'm sick, haven't been exercising, except for a walk, and now I'm going away for 3 days, on a cycling trip, with no cycling, due to rain, thunderstorms, etc.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Back down to 125.8 this morning

We've been doing a LOT of cardio-strength work - as well as regular strength so I don't know how realistic it is to expect my weight to drop much lower. Hard to lose weight AND build lean mass at the same time...

103 this morning -- my ideal weight for my small frame and the lowest I've been since leaving for Belize. I've been eating plenty (including occasional ice cream!) but getting a good deal of activity in. I honestly never thought I'd see this weight again, but my lifestyle, eating, etc. are healthier here in the US. Just the opposite of many folks who eat too much junk in the US, then go to Belize and lose weight. The heat/humidity combo there kept me from exercising as much as I should, and the limited selection of affordable, good quality food on the island made sticking to a good diet more of a challenge.

We're going to be traveling for much of July and August, so I am sure I'll gain some with all the meals out we'll be having -- we rarely go out to eat here, and that is one reason my weight is low. Good to be starting out the travels at a low weight!
    Emily

Your experiences have been interesting Emily! I wish I could get the scales that low...but I don't see that happening. Have fun with all of your travels!