Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

TRX and Bicep Fun

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yesterday's workout started with feet in the TRX in push up position. Do a push up then do a pull in. Repeat 15 times. We also did supine pull ups with the TRX, feet elevated on a bar and then do a pull up. Those were tough!

Our last round of exercises included bicep curls while standing on the Bosu 3 sets of 15 with 40 pounds. Thom had been using the 60 pound bar and when I put it away I first had to see if I could curl it - 4 times. Not bad for the end of a workout.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Sounds like fun Veronica! Monday morning, among other things, we were doing pistol squats with one hand on the TRX and the other with a kettlebell in the rack position. I've got a lot of work to do with my flexibility...

I've always done one legged squats going down to the bench and holding a weight. I wonder if I could do them w/o the bench.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    I've always done one legged squats going down to the bench and holding a weight. I wonder if I could do them w/o the bench.

Veronica
    He has us holding onto the TRX with one hand so we can go as low as possible. I am not all that low...yet

I tried a few, just messing around, it's really hard to keep your knee over your ankle. And not having the bench under my butt, makes me reluctant to go down as far.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

I tried a few, just messing around, it's really hard to keep your knee over your ankle. And not having the bench under my butt, makes me reluctant to go down as far.

Veronica
    It takes time - I want to lean backwards as I go down - which doesn't work so well especially with a kettlebell in the front rack position. The cue is to drop straight down like we know we should...practice makes perfect We have one woman who is so good at this that her butt is about 6 inches off the ground and she has perfect form. My role model - though I will never be as good as she is - she is about 20 years younger than I

That's funny, I wanted to lean forward.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

Re: TRX and Bicep Fun

That's funny, I wanted to lean forward.

Veronica
    It's this jacked shoulder I have, whenever I have problems w/form it is from leaning backwards, if possible my trainer is more frustrated with it than I am ... I am, however, getting better with a weighted front rack