Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Time Trial Saddles

To disable ads, please log-in.

What saddle do you use on your Time Trial/Tri bike? I'm looking for a new one and am open to suggestions. Has anyone ridden the Adamo saddle or the Selle Italia SLR T1? My current saddle is really painful---pinching the girl parts

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

I used a Fizik Airione on my TT bike. I liked it at first, and then decided, um, not as much.

My ne Specialized TT bike came with a saddle from Specialized that I really like. I'll have to look up what it is and get back to you. I know that DH didn't like his though (which is ok, since I stole it and put it on another one of my rides instead ).

I tend to be on the nose of my saddle A LOT during the TT, so cutouts and whatnot are more irrelevant than on my regular road or MTB saddles. A skinnier nose with some padding seems to be key.

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

I tried the Adamo during my fitting on my TT bike and it was ok. It was not painful to ride (like a bunch of saddles I tried!) but the nose felt kind of wide to me and I was afraid I'd have rubbing on my inner thighs on longer rides.

I ended up chosing the Bontrager inForm RL WSD. It has a narrow nose and no cutout, but it has a nice indentation to accomodate my girl bits when in aero (without pinching). It's also firm...which I like.

Funny thing is, when I did my first outside ride on my TT bike and discovered that the saddle was actually comfortable when I was up on the horns too, I decided to try it on my road bike. I was stunned to learn that it works for me on both types of bikes even though the riding positions are so different. I now have three of them...one for each bike!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

I'm on a Fizik Vitesse Tri
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

I'm using the Selle San Marco Aspide carbon composite. Same seat I have on the road bike, but the one on the TT bike is the model with the carbon rails, while the others have the Ti or vanox rails.
    In hindsight, sticking with Ti or vanox rails might have been a better idea - sometime I wonder how long the carbon rails will last...
    It is very comfortable. Does not have cutout but it has some kind of groove so I do not think it causes any pressure at all.
    I'll look for a pic to post. They are a bit hard to find now but R&A still has some, and Token makes a saddle which is almost like the SSM and way cheaper.
    Good luck finding your favorite!
    E.'s website: www.earchphoto.com

2005 Bianchi 928C L'Una RC
    2010 BMC SLX01 racemaster
    2008 BMC TT03 Time Machine
    Campy Record and SSM Aspide naked carbon on all bikes

Koobi Tri. It works well for me in both the upright and aero position.

Koobi gives you a 30 day trial period if you want to check out the saddle.

Quote Originally Posted by roadie gal View Post
    Koobi Tri. It works well for me in both the upright and aero position.

Koobi gives you a 30 day trial period if you want to check out the saddle.
    Koobie Tri is what I have on the bike now. The bike shop slapped it on there when I bought my bike and told me I would like it. Well, I don't. It really pinches the girl parts and a 10 mile TT is extremely painful.

Jamis Coda Femme

Quote Originally Posted by TxDoc View Post
    I'm using the Selle San Marco Aspide carbon composite. Same seat I have on the road bike, but the one on the TT bike is the model with the carbon rails, while the others have the Ti or vanox rails.
    So you use the same saddle on your TT bike as your road bike? You don't have any issues not using a TT specific saddle?

Jamis Coda Femme