Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

I agree this thread got out of hand - whether she meant to insult some people by stating that if they are not "downhillers" they are not aggressive - we'll never know.

BUT people who throw online tantrums and "take their toys and go home" need to lighten up. It's the INTERNET.

I post here for the warm and fuzzies. I sincerely hope none of MY posts have pissed people off (sometimes my sarcasm doesn't translate on screen very well).

still can't embed youtube here? WTF?
    Last edited by Irulan; 06-17-2010 at 07:59 PM.

Give us a linky.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

linky

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=38245

Irulan just created a new thread for it..

Wow.

If nerdgirl comes back, send her up to Vancouver, BC and I'll show her what downhill is about. Then we'll see how "aggressive" she is. And for the record, mountain bikers are generally laid back. I don't know who she has been hanging around, but everybody up here is very encouraging and respectful of all riders. Even the ones that opt out of doing the trails and sticking on the fire roads. Many people (like myself) engage in an array of riding styles and enjoy them for different reasons.

Btw, I know this is an old thread, I just had to comment on her attitude.

aggressive

This thread is funny.

I agree with a lot of other people that a lot of us took offense to this post because nerdgirl implied that xc is less aggressive than other forms of mountain biking. The post sounded condescending and presumptuous.

I ride at the big resorts (mostly Northstar, but I've been to Whistler also), I've ridden Downieville, technical singletrack in Tahoe (like the trt and hole in the ground), Galbraith mountain in wa, and all over the Santa Cruz mountains.. but since I do it all on my XC bike, so i consider myself an XC rider.

One thing I like about this forum is that it's not just full of girls like nerdgirl who just want to talk about how awsome they are, but are more into sharing personal achievements and experiences without that one-up type of attitude. I find that TE forum posts are generally more civil than other forums, this thread being the exception.