Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Biking in Trempealeau county

To disable ads, please log-in.

I received an issue of Bicycling magazine (must be the bike I ordered?) and it included a nice article about Trempealeau county in Wisconsin, with some online maps and cue sheets. Any TErs there? It looks intriguing... I'll be checking the web site of the local bike club to see if it's updated for any organized ride next spring/summer, in my quest to ride hillier landscapes.

I don't live there but DH and I did a week long bike trip in that area about 4 years ago. It's a great place to ride but better do some hill training first. I couldn't believe how "mountainous" the area was. I would highly recommend the area. It's even better than the description in the article. Beautiful scenery, wonderful roads, great weather and the local folks made us feel very welcome. I would do it again. I just recommend Wisconsin for riding, period. Love the place!

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

Thanks Bike Chick! No hills nearby... escapades to Wisconsin and Indiana (Hilly Hundred) are my only exposure to them. I suffer, but it is so much fun and I feel the difference in my fitness level. I only decided to spend the required driving hours this year.