Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley

Question for those with tubeless road tires

To disable ads, please log-in.

I picked up a set of Specialized S-Works Turbo Tubeless tires to give it a whirl. They are relatively easy to install and seat well. Unfortunately, I have to air them up before every ride as both tires are consistently down by 20 psi overnight. I have even added Stan's and they still lose air. I have seated and reseated the tires using an air compressor. Just out of curiosity I drew a bath for the tires to check for air leaching out of the sidewalls, which occurred with the S-Works Captain mtb tires, and I saw a few micro bubbles on the sidewalls but no air bubbles rising to the surface. I did not see any air leaking around the valve stem so the O ring is holding well.

I did a search for a review of the Specialized Turbo tires and another person had the same experience with the psi dropping by 20 or so overnight.

For those of you who are running Hutchinson tubeless, are you having a similar experience?

I have Hutchinsons - I don't think I can make a fair comparison because I don't check every day or even every other day. The bike with the tubeless gets ridden 1 - 2 times a week max. So I am only checking once a week, and I am having to refill then 20 - 30 psi, but that's not disturbing to me every week, as opposed to every day.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Try Tufo

Not sure about Hutchinson's.
    I use Tufo tubular clinchers, and they never lose much air. I set them at 180 and even 2-3 days later they are still at 160+.
    Take a look at www.tufo.com the ones I buy are elite ride 23 (700x23), S3 Lite (700x21), and elite jet (700x20). They are all great, but the elite ride 23 are better if you ride in the rain or on wet/dry roads. I use the same tires in the tubular version as well, and those do not lose much pressure either. When I am a bit lazy I can even go a couple of days without checking tire pressure...
    E.'s website: www.earchphoto.com

2005 Bianchi 928C L'Una RC
    2010 BMC SLX01 racemaster
    2008 BMC TT03 Time Machine
    Campy Record and SSM Aspide naked carbon on all bikes