Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 173 of 221 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 3311

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've given up convincing my family of the wonders of merino wool. I've converted a few friends. The bf has a couple of pieces that he does wear all the time, but he doesn't really rave about them so I don't get him more (and he puts them in the dryer which makes me want to kill him)

I've done better with my cousins in Scotland - they continuously want me to buy them merino and ship it to them.

I once bought my older brother an arc'teryx shell - he didn't want it because it looked too star trek, and kept his north face shell jacket.

Ah well.

2 sisters & mom: Zepher zip T
    Dad and BIL: Shak jersey
    FIL: Shak full zip
    MIL: Juliet jacquard
    Teenage niece: Kurta tunic
    8 y/o niece: Indie hoodie

And wool Injinji socks for meeeeeeee
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

DH: two smartwool tops and one pair of socks and a pair of Ibex long johns
    Brother: Ibex Zephyr
    SIL: Full Zip Shak

and for me: My H bought me the cute merino wool cycling sweater/jersey from Terry (with the bicycles on it!)

My parents won't wear wool - they live in FL and my mom is still 'flashing' so she wears sleeveless all winter anyway. Dad thinks wool is only for 'real' winters.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Catriona View Post
    I've given up convincing my family of the wonders of merino wool.....

Believe it or not my kids ASKED for wool. They live in Boston, and my daughter called to say its going to be a wicked winter, get them wool socks and long underwear for Xmass.

Husband: Ibex Full zip Ultimate Guide Sweater in that wonderful charcoal colour. He has to take it off this morning to put his club kit on to go for his group ride, but it was a tough thing to do for him.

Myself: That lovely Ibex top - Tarrah - in soft brown. I quite like it. I had held off wearing it until Christmas because I didn't want to raise my husband's suspicion about an Ibex order.

My father in law is asking for wool tights. I think I'll order from Joneswares. Thoughts?

Do it!

Dec. 24th I received my Horny Toad Nikita Sweater from SteepandCheap - got a great deal on it. The sleeves are a little long but other than that it fit nicely.

do any of you know if there's an equivalent weight/weave sweater in the current ibex line to the ibex long trail sweater?

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    do any of you know if there's an equivalent weight/weave sweater in the current ibex line to the ibex long trail sweater?
    Might be worth a quick call to Ibex- they'd know better than anyone.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Red Maple Sportswear

Another company to add to the mix:

Santa brought me an alpaca Ridgeport vest from Red Maple which some of our local stores are now stocking. It's wonderful soft and well made.

http://www.redmaplesportswear.com/store/

The closeout section has some great deals. And there are products made from other fibers.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

https://www.ibexwear.com/shop/Fabrics.php

I don't know if this helps answer your question, but I noticed on their website that they have this handy fabric-search option.

I will be trying the Ibex Giro jersey that came yesterday in a few minutes when the coffee kicks in, hopefully before the rain/snow starts. I'm like a little kid on Xmas morning. I can't wait to try my new stuff out!

Woo-hoo! I love my new jersey! It's lightweight, warm and comfortable, slightly stretchy like there's some lycra in it, but it's 100% Merino wool. The only drawback is the wash instructions say dry flat. I hate that, but will do it to maintain the gorgeous fit. It has 2 back zippered pockets which I didn't need to use today. I'd say they're good for a cell phone and id, but if you keep snacks in your pockets, these probably won't be your favorites due to the skill needed to zip back up.

It's probably in the high 20s out, and I wore it with a woolie underneath, and a PI jacket on top. I also wore the Ibex Coppi cap over a Merino Buff (it looked like I had on a balaclava), and it's a great combination. 15 minutes after I got home, it started to snow!

Ibex Bra comparison?

Hi girls- I wear the Seamless Sport bras and I love them, so much that I want to try the ones with smaller straps to wear under my regular clothing. Do any of you know the difference between the Seamless Wool Support Bra, and the Seamless Wool Bralette? I am guessing that the support bra has more support (duh) but I was wondering if the fabric in the front is thicker. I have a real "headlight" problem, those babies just don't lie down.

Hi! Long time no see but I'm still around and kicking.

I had some fabulous wool long underwear bottoms and discovered today that they got holes in them in the wash.

I need new bottoms so where do I come for recommendations but to the EXPERTS!!! I know y'all know the best pants at the best price. I'm in south Mississippi, so anything lightweight wool would be fine.

Mine were 100% Merino Wool. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!
    "Chisel praise in stone; write criticism in sand."

Got DH some wonderful merino sweaters (t-shirt style) at TJ Maxx. He's wearing one today as a base layer. They are an off-brand but really soft and nice. Flatlocked seams. $15. I might have to steal one, even if it is a bit too big. I wish they had had one in a small.

Deb