Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

To Socalcruiser,

Try Two wheel One Planet over in ElToro area. The Kristen is the owner and she can help you out with proper fitting sun-glasses.

Some one was asking about Smith glasses. Its the Smith Moab. You can get a prescription inserts made. But I don't think it fits for smaller women's head. You could try a pair at cycling shops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    I have a small face, so it was hard finding a pair of frames that fit well. I really wanted wrap arounds, to keep the maxium amount of wind/grit/rain out of my eyes and that was a challenge too. My prescription isn't seriously bad, but I do have astigmatism and my small face means my interpupillary distance is very narrow (which apparently causes headaches for opticians). I was told that having the wrap arounds made would be impossible by a lot of places, but I decided to not give up.

I ended up with Smith Theory frames, which are almost identical to Oakley Half Jackets, but a whole lot cheaper (and they were on sale). The lenses I had custom ground by www.sportsoptical.com ,as he was the only person willing... at a price of course... fortunately we have good insurance and it was just covered. I have the kind that start clear, so they don't get exceptionally dark and my eyes are a bit senstive, so it would be nice to have darker lenses at times, but it doesn't make me seriously uncomfortable.

Personally I like all my glasses to be transitional - I think it usually adds about $50 to the price of the glasses? The only place it doesn't work out is driving on very bright days - the windshield glass blocks the UV that makes them change. I have a pair of polarized sunglasses I had made years ago that I use if I can remember to take them.

smilingcat
    Last edited by smilingcat; 09-26-2008 at 08:23 PM.

+1 on Rudy Project. I use the Rydon Girl (aka Rydon II), and have clear (for commuting in the dark), polarized grey, and pink lenses...something for every occasion. They also have inserts for RX. My boyfriend has the larger Rydon with the inserts and has no complaints. I see that in the closeout section on e-rudy.com they have the blue Rydon Girl on closeout for $80. It's a good deal if you like blue.