Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Could the sale of the shirts go towards a favorite charity of hers?
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Kitsune06 Guest
    [QUOTE=DDH]in order for me to purchase one, the price would have to be reasonable. QUOTE]

Don't feel bad, DDH... while everyone has the loftiest of intentions with this, I think they also know that a lot of us face $ as a very real obstacle in things, too. But I second that. I don't hesitate to give to charities, but I really can't afford a whole lot... (oh, but I'd like to!)

count me in! I do like Nanci's idea about a cool graphic. I mentioned this horrible event on Saturday at a bike club ride and a few ladies were really upset and bothered. I was separated on a ride in a secluded part of town last week and became extremely creeped out. Let's get awareness up and the word out there!

I am interested and the matieral of the shirt does not matter to me.

Ok, so based on the thread from Jenny's sister I am going to look into black, and probably grey or white technical shirts. It looks like purple is the color for the writing. I have emailed her sister for some input on the details and I'll get back to ya'll about that.
    I'll give you more details when I get them.
    Denise

Sounds great Denise. Keep us updated and thanks for doing this.
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Count me in---of course

Count me in---of course....

An excellent way to build awareness and make this mean something to others.....Hugs Den!

Count me in. I agree to go technical and v-neck, so I will wear it often riding, and get the message out. I know my husband often orders technical shirts from a catalog, Eastbay, very inexpensively. Perhaps the nice gals that run TE could also help us a fine a way to do this inexpensively.

I found a source for coolmax shirts at 13.95 a piece, so I am going to call them today for screenprinting prices. They do screenprinting as well, so hopefully we can do this for under 20.00 a shirt. I'll see tho? I have no idea. I think I'm going to look into cafe press a bit more too. That seemed to be a really good idea.

This is all so sad, but we can all learn from it too. WHile I think riding alone on the trails is obviously less safe than riding on the road alone, I think its something we all need to think about and have an action plan made ahead of time. Twice I was road riding, and followed by creepy guys in cars, and both times I text messaged the License plate numbers to my son, not to alarm him, but just in case. And you can't assume criminals don't ride bikes. Heck, a bike thief not only knows how to ride a bike, but how to strip it down for parts, clean them up, and list them on ebay. So, just cuz someone is out their on a bike doesn't mean they are your friend. Thank you so much for organizing us to do something, anything, to raise awareness of this problem. And to Jennifer's Sister, hearfelt condolences to you and the rest of your family.

I'm in as well.
    Dar

I'm in. Be sure that you order shirts that will be large enough for us big 'uns.

Thanks for doing this.
    Give big space to the festive dog that make sport in the roadway. Avoid entanglement with your wheel spoke.
    (Sign in Japan)

1978 Raleigh Gran Prix
    2003 EZ Sport AX

Thanks for doing this - I'm in.

Yes, Thanks for doing this. I'm in too.

Nina

I will buy one as well.....thanks for all your efforts...