Quote Originally Posted by Fredwina View Post
got out for about 20 miles on the Mohawk Hudson. Allergens punished me for doing that.
Cohoes, NY

Turn around at Niskayuna Depot:

Ice on the Mohawk:

and on the trail:

still mid winter
Aw I lived in Schenectady for four years... I miss the Mohawk (was a Geology student while I was there-- lots of time spent at Vischer Ferry and other lovely places around there).

I had Friday off so I got a 40 mile ride in. I rode easily out to one of the parks in St. Louis the long way (10 miles or so) and then met up with four of the kids on my cycling team. All my trainer time has really paid off-- we did 30 minutes of low-intensity riding, then 30 minutes of medium-high intensity riding and I'm SOOOOO pleased to discover that I can keep up with the 17 year old boys! In fact we dropped Mason, one of the girls on the team. This is a good thing-- I was worried that as a coach I'd be constantly getting dropped by the boys. Then I rode him real easy 7 miles or so.

I decided to wear my tri shorts for some reason-- they'd always been comfortable before, but for the first time ever I was getting saddle sore on one side. This was only about 35 miles into my riding though. It's weird-- apparently I rode a saddle that was narrower than my sit bones for 5 years and not a once got chafing or a saddle sore. I did tend to squash on my tailbone and soft tissues though. Now I'm sitting directly on my sit bones, but saddle sore! Grrr. The Arione Donna is a good saddle for crit racing, but I'm thinking it's going to have to be a Brooks for my x-country bike trip this summer.