This is Alice, my 10.5 year old Newfoundland. She is rather petite at 120 pounds, but I try to keep her weight down because she has had 3 knee surgeries (born conformationally challenged). I got her as a puppy from the New England Newfoundland Rescue & Referral service. The owners of her mother had gotten a male and female as pups, and believed that if they raised them together they would not have to neuter at least one of them. When they discovered they were wrong, and a litter was on the way; and what they had gotten themselves into, they at least contacted the right group. One of the breeders took over the care of the expectant mom, whelped her and raised her litter. As soon as the pup's were weaned, mom went to be spayed before going back to the owner, who had already taken the male to be neutered. I got Alice on my 49th birthday, she was 30 pounds and 9 weeks old. She has always been a little goofy, and amazingly tolerant of my weirdness. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/newfsm...&.dnm=a821.jpg