Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

OT: Chateau Bikerchick is officially CERTIFIED!

"This habitat is certified in the National Wildlife Federation's worldwide network of mini-refuges. Because of the owner's conscientious planning, landscaping and sustainable gardening, wildlife may find quality habitat-food, water, cover, and places to raise their young."

No. 63271

I know this is totally off topic but I am elated by this... it has taken lots of work, trial and error, and plenty of learning to come to this point... but my yards are now officially a Backyard Wildlife Habitat! I am just tickled pink...

here's my album... I JUST got a computer at home finally so still need to add all the "before" pics that are on disc sometime...

thanks for letting me interrupt for this little celebration...

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ick68/Gardens/
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

That's very cool! Congratulations. I just visited a certified habitat up in NorCal (the Halberg Butterfly Gardens). If I didn't have such a black thumb, I'd consider it myself.

Very, very cool!

That is so cool BC68! I had no idea there was such a thing! You're yard looks beautiful!

Tracy

You go, girl!!!

How big is your yard?

Congratulations! It looks wonderful. Like a secret garden. The iris are a particular favorite of mine. Lise
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

gorgeous pics! Congrats on the classification! That is great!

thank you all! I am very proud of my gardens... I love working in them and spring is hands down the best time of year... between the great riding weather, the amazing garden climate and all the baby wildlife... I just love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geonz
    You go, girl!!!

How big is your yard?
    Geonz... the backyard is 5000sf. I am finishing a second patio right now that will have seating and a contained firepit... my "wine" patio... it is by the pond/waterfall... which is also still being built. Lots of work yet to do, but I am very, very close now... and since CAM didn't happen, I have kicked in lots of that time to completing the backyard...

Lise.. I've gone Iris nuts this year... I love the flowers of course, but the foliage also provides excellent contrast color and texture for many of my native plants...

maillotpois... deer... UGH! Cute, but man can they eat a years worth of work in nothing flat...

cali- LOL... yeah, the boys pretty much look like that... fat, snorty, wrinkled messes...

thanks again for ALL the nice comments and feedback...
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

It's so beautiful, congratulations!

Congrats bikerchick! That is so awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna
    If I didn't have such a black thumb, I'd consider it myself.
    So did I ever tell y'all about the time that I happened to tell a coworker that I have a black thumb?

Important detail: this man is african american

"I know what you mean" he said, as he held up his two thumbs and said "I got two of 'em!"

D'oh!

that's TOO funny!

Bikerchick your yard looks so awesome I think you should host a TE so cal post ride BBQ. (Just looking for a way to get out of the Palm Springs heat).
    Jones