Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Does anyone wear men's cycling shorts/pants?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Obviously men do, but do any women out there find them satisfactory?

I've never noticed any difference between men's and women's shorts when it comes to feel or performance.
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

This is good to know, I have a few mens mountain shorts. A few mens jerseys are headed my direction too since they were on sale. Soone night I was thinking to myself if there was really a difference and I thought to myself, "gee, I really need to check this on TE" so here it is and I do not have to go looking for it.

Thankyou for answering my questions. Those that I have used have been ok, no problems. Chamois is good.

Red Rock

Yup. Almost all my shorts (about 11-12 pairs) are men's shorts.

I have also have 3 women's shorts - 1 pair is great, the other 2 (same brand and design) I only wear for training as the legs are too short and the absence of elastic across my belly is disconcerting.

There has been lots of discussion about mens shorts being inferior for women as there is too much padding at the front causing bunching... never had that problem myself, and if anything it is better when I ride in the drops, or when i am time trialling.

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

Thanks for the input everyone!

I wore men's cycling shorts way back in the olden days when all cycling shorts were black and wool and the chamois was just like the one we used to wash the car only with the corners trimmed off and of course it was sewn into the pants. Those shorts were not called Men's Shorts, only Shorts; perhaps women had yet to be discovered or identified scientifically.

Much has changed since then, but fortunately, we have not forgotten the invention of the wheel.

I may be old as all that, but I still giggle when I see Search tabs for "Men's Bottoms" on shopping sites.