PDA

View Full Version : LRRH Ride Reports

Lifesgreat
06-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Quick report: I saw many of my TE friends today, but never saw Yellow or SK, they are TOO fast for me. I don't know where Flybye was either. Each will have her own stories to tell, so I won't say anything about others' rides.

Weather: Perfect except for an "enough to be annoying" headwind the last 27 miles.
Food: GREAT!
Road Conditions: Nice
Company: Awesome!

I ended up riding 80 miles instead of 68 because the police misdirected me and a gazillion other women. I wasn't paying attention to my map as well as I should have. I am not mad at them as they were trying to control an incredibly busy intersection/highway with 2000 women coming through. We didn't even get a chance to see the road markings b/c the police stopped traffic and diverted us through a gas station parking lot before we got to them. No worries, I just went 12 miles more than I thought I would.

Little Red, beard and all, was standing at the top of the toughest hill, cheering us on. The Blues Brothers were hosting the last rest stop with "valet" parking for our bikes (all in tidy little rows :) ) They were even playing harmonicas.

The Bonneville Bicycle Touring Club pulled off another great event!

I had a very nice time and it was good to see my TE friends.

jobob
06-02-2007, 07:17 PM
Hee hee, I remember from last year both the annoying headwind, and Little Red himself cheering us on at the top of that last hill. :)

Glad you had a good time.

2000 registrants ! Holey moley. :eek:

Alex
06-02-2007, 07:33 PM
I had a ball at LRRH today. I'm so excited at having completed my first century EVER, that I had to post a separate thread over in the general cycling section. :o

I met lots of TE'ers along the way and the course was really great. After all the hills I've been riding, all that flat stuff was fabulous. :)

My friend got two flats, so I was mighty happy to have tire liners in, cuz 4 flats would REALLY have sucked.

The only thing I have to ask is why were so many riders such menaces to society? :confused: I saw people riding three and four abreast. I saw people riding ON the center line, and no one was on their right. :eek: I saw a semi have to STOP because of riders who were in the middle of the road. Yikes.

I hope everyone else had as great a time as I did!

Alex

yellow
06-02-2007, 08:05 PM
Well, SadieKate and I perservered, and SK once again busted her PB for a century (she did this last year at LRRH too). Great weather but I have to disagree with the headwind bidness...compared to last year, the wind was way mellower. I never felt like I was battling it this year like last year.

aka_kim, you'll be happy to know that we did not get ANY flats. :p

We took pictures, of course (because we always do). We started a little ahead of the "official" time and never caught up with Alex (at least we don't think we did; we heard a rumor that she was ahead of us) but saw CyclaSutra and friend, sulis, sbctwin, and Jones and some of their friends at some of the stops. Never saw Lifesgreat or Tater! :( (we looked for both of you at every stop.) We "picked up" a new friend, Tammy, who has only been riding for a few months and is incredibly talented. She keeps it up and she'll be kickin' all of our butts in no time!

OK, so here are some shots (not the best, but shots nonetheless).

In this one we have friend of CyclaSutra, CyclaSutra, sulis, Jones, friend of sulis, sbctwin, yellow, and SadieKate:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1/tasdan/Rides/LRRH%2007/LRRH_07004.jpg

And here are SadieKate and yellow on the Idaho-Utah state line:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1/tasdan/Rides/LRRH%2007/LRRH_07007.jpg

And yellow and Tammy in the same spot:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1/tasdan/Rides/LRRH%2007/LRRH_07005.jpg

It was a great ride. I'm surprised at how good I felt considering I really haven't been riding much! Tomorrow SK and I are off to get pedicures and then mountain biking in Park City. Yipee!

aka_kim
06-02-2007, 08:32 PM
aka_kim, you'll be happy to know that we did not get ANY flats. :p Smart aleck! Sounds like you should have been riding with Alex and friend. :)

Looked like a beautiful day. Glad you all had fun!

Lifesgreat
06-03-2007, 05:40 AM
Yellow,

Sounds like you and SK had a great time. I saw Tater at the Amalga and lunch stops and met up with Sulis et al at lunch and the Newton stops.

Trekhawk
06-03-2007, 07:54 AM
Sounds like another great year at LRRH. Well done all.
Love the pics.:)

BikeDutchess
06-03-2007, 08:04 AM
What a wonderful day it was! We also got caught by the unplanned detour--apparently the road construction caught the organizers by surprise as it was started after the route was marked. But you know what, it was such a gorgeous day, and everyone was having so much fun, it all didn't matter! Instead of the planned 68, we ended up doing 77 miles. My daughter, with the help of some "vitamin I" and lots of stretching during the rest stops, managed to finish all 77. What a blast it was! Next year I'm trying for the full century!

I had one flat but it was at a rest stop so a "wolf" was immediately available to fix it.

I have to agree with Alex about some of the inconsiderate/unsafe riders--I usually try to mind my own business but I couldn't help reminding a few to ride only 2 abreast or to move to the right if they were riding by themselves. I don't remember this being such a problem last year. Maybe because the crowd was bigger this year? Things did get a little better when we split off on the 68 mile route and it thinned out.

We had such a fantastic day! Kudos to the organizers (Penny, Robin, Linda, and their team of volunteers) for putting together such a great event!

P.S. the only disappointment was that there was no message on my phone telling me I had won the Ruby or the Orbea....

CyclaSutra
06-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Hey, had a fantastic time riding with Jones, SBCTwin and Sulis (plus associated friends). They convinced us to do the distance, although my pal Kelsey and I had pretty much talked ourselves into the metric. Hung out with Lifesgreat at the end, too.

It could have been a PB for me (gotta check) which is crazy considering I'm carrying around a lot of extra winter/cookie-induced fluff and haven't ridden a century since last August; my longest ride this season was 56. I guess that shows you what girl power can do! Our little group carried on a respectable 15-ish average.

I wouldn't have noticed the fellow TE-ers had Jones not been wearing an A-V jersey and I said "Hey! Do you know Yellow and SadieKate?" Busybodyness pays off again.

Great to see you all!

Flybye
06-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Hello, hello and hello!!

Wow, it sounds like you all did SO great. :cool: :cool: :cool: I wanted to meet you all and tell you thank you for the help that you have given me to get ready for the big day, but had little success finding anyone. I was there with a big orange sign and NO TAPE - oops! I had the sign on the grass but didn't arrive until about 7:30am.

This was my first organized ride AND my first time riding with anyone other than myself. Wow, was I nervous - but what fun it turned out to be.

Here are my impressions.

1. The weather was, as you have all commented, perfect.
2. The food was great. Not at all sure what I ate, but, it was yummy!
3. The event was so well organized - in my expert opinion :D .
4. I didn't know that you could ride pregnant - wow, now there is a real go getter.:eek:
5. You ladies are FAST!!!!!
6. Now that I have the distance think licked, I want to work on speed.
7. I NEED a better fitting on my bike.
8. My men's saddle that came stock with my bike is NOT comfy, especially the seams :eek:
9. Shimano shoes suck.:(
10. I am hooked.
11. Pace Lines are FUN!!!
12. Not so fun to ride alone :( but a GREAT learning experience.

I had such a great time regardless of all the little mishaps. I didn't turn where I was supposed to once and figured it out about 1 mile down the road when no one was behind me!! This was before the gas station incident.

I didn't go the entire route up to the lunch stop because when I got to Amalga, I had 33.5 miles on my bike with all of the excursions that I took to get back on course. My knee was hurting (hence the need for new shoes and a fitting) and so I figured that it would be best to turn around. I rode back to the Marina and then got back on the course with everyone coming south from the highway. When I got to the finish, I was about 7 miles shy of the metric century, so I rode around "town" to make up the miles. All in all, I DID IT - YEAH!!!!!!

Also, I am not positive, but think that I may have been in a pace line at one point with some of you from your pictures in the post.

Here are some pictures from ride day. They are of

#1 Yours truly, Flybye, scared ****less before the ride and smiling - eager and ready!

#2 People

#3 More people

#4 Myself (Flybye), Bikedutchess, and Bikedutchess' daughter before the ride - the only TE'ers I had the opportunity to meet. Very nice to meet both of you.

Shiraz
06-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Nice write up and pictures ladies!! I was hoping to see your postings. I was so sad not to join you this year since last year I really didn't know you all. Sounds like everyone had a great day. Next year I will make sure I am NOT ON CALL and should not be expecting a new grandbaby. :D :D

sbctwin
06-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Well, I did my first century...101.4 miles to be exact, according to my Garmin. YIPEE!!!! Glad it wasn't any further because I started to have cramps in my upper left thigh and my feet the last couple of miles. I could never have accomplished the entire ride without the encouragement and support of my co-riders - Sulis, K80K80, Jones, CyclaSutra and friend Kelsey. I told my DH before I left, that though the 100 was my main goal, I know when to cry 'wolf' and return. After the 1st rest stop, I felt my energy level drop and I was getting an upset stomach. I don't know what that was about, but thought maybe I wasn't taking in enough fluids so I started taking in a lot more and ate some cliff blocs. At the 2nd rest stop, I topped off my water bottle with cliff stuff and I think I made it too strong. I normally use Ultima and found I left my supply in the car. At the lunch stop;, CyclaSutra shared a few sportleg supplements and also K80K80 shared some of her Heed with me. I think that helped me to finish.

The weather was beautiful but I didn't put enough sunscreen on and I am feeling it today:o . I am a little sore in my neck and shoulders, but I am sore there anywhere after a long ride. Met other TE'ers - SadieKate, Yellow, Alex, Tator, Lifesgreat, but no where could we find Flybye (though we did look for you) and I just found out, thanks to a pic posted by Flybye who BikeDutchess is and have done a few rides with her and her daughter.

The only sad part of the whole day, and this is truely sad for me, is Sulis could not finish because of a bike mishap at the last rest stop. Her rear wheel somehow got bent. We do not know what happened at this time, but of everyone I know who did the 100, I feel very sad for her because she was so strong and could easily have completed her first century. In my mind, she did the century through all of us who she encouraged along the way. I want to THANK YOU, SULIS, for all your words of encouragement and your overall spirit.

BikeDutchess
06-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Thanks for posting the photos, Flybye! It was so nice to meet you. Glad your first organized event ride turned out to be such fun -- hope you'll keep joining us for many more to come.

sbctwin -- congrats on your first century! You looked so strong when I met you at the lunch stop, I knew you would do it! I know what you mean about the sunscreen -- I was very good about applying and reapplying (tried out that Australian lizard stuff), but I forgot to do my ears :( (I don't know why because I'm usually very good about remembering those little appendages...).

Sulis, so sorry to hear (from sbctwin) about your bent wheel putting a damper on things. Hope things will look up on your next ride.

Tater
06-04-2007, 05:17 AM
Once again, I had a blast! This ride is so well organized, it is a joy to ride. Where else can one be eating lunch and watching 'granny' wolf, in a dress, hand out Luna bars? Yet, peek under Granny's dress hem and one would find some seriously muscled calves! The guys from the BBTC really get into the spirit.
I PB'ed my century time by quite a bit. Although, I do agree with Alex and the rudeness of some of the riders! :eek: Didn't it say somewhere in our packets that we are suppose to obey Utah road rules? I didn't think riding three and four across, or out in the middle of the road were how Utahans behaved. Oh, I am going to have to agree with Yellow on the wind thing: last year was a bit more of a pain in the butt!
I do have pictures, even got the Blues Brothers at the last rest stop, but I will post them later.
It was nice meeting several TE'ers and putting names to faces. Well met, ladies! I think I saw SK and Yellow when they started, but I was on the side of the road waiting for Mr. Tater to bring me my forgotten water bottles!

yellow
06-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Congratulations to all of you who completed your first C or simply went farther than you've gone before. Before you know it you'll be knocking out the same distance over and over...:D

sulis, I don't have a message telling me I won the bike...if I did I'd give you the wheels. :( I've seen several wheelsets on craigslist lately, including some pretty nice ones for a good price. I know you'd really like a new bike, but until then a new wheelset may make a big difference (it did for me until I got my new bike).

Tater, we were sure you'd catch us because you're so speedy! Glad you had a good ride!

tprevost
06-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Love the reports and pics!!!! I swear I'm gonna get to do this ride someday...

thanks so much for sharing your stories :p

SadieKate
06-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Hey, everyone! I'm back a day early as Bubba, being a good attorney and employee for the great state of Kahlifornia, had to get back for some surprise early filings. Trying to get through all the posts and emails and snailmail and snuggle the dog and . . . and . . . and . . .

Anyway, I had an absolutely wonderful time. Glad to meet those of you that I did and sorry I missed others. Sorry that Jobob and Trekhawk couldn't make it this year as the planning and execution this year was absolutely superb. Due to Bubba's mom's issues, we couldn't hang around much looking for anyone. Tater, I do remember you shouting at us as we left. I hope you heard us shout back.

Tammy emailed me and should be posting soon. We had a great time with her company. Keep an eye out for her!

I have to say I'm thrilled with my new PB which was well beyond last year's. Training at sea level and riding at 4,500'+ elevation must be good for me. I felt the best I ever have after a century. Of course, let me tell you about the 21 miles of epic singletrack yellow then hauled me around the next day at, actually above, Park City. I actually still felt good and was climbing pretty decently even as we approached 8,700 ft. Something must be working in my lackadaisical and totally unfocused training plan, or my body likes elevation. I'll let you know how it goes in a couple weeks when I have to ride over a pass way, way, way above Telluride.:eek:

maillotpois
06-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Yay! Glad everyone had such a good time!!

Trekhawk
06-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Hey, everyone! I'm back a day early as Bubba, being a good attorney and employee for the great state of Kahlifornia, had to get back for some surprise early filings. Trying to get through all the posts and emails and snailmail and snuggle the dog and . . . and . . . and . . .

Anyway, I had an absolutely wonderful time. Glad to meet those of you that I did and sorry I missed others. Sorry that Jobob and Trekhawk couldn't make it this year as the planning and execution this year was absolutely superb. Due to Bubba's mom's issues, we couldn't hang around much looking for anyone. Tater, I do remember you shouting at us as we left. I hope you heard us shout back.

Tammy emailed me and should be posting soon. We had a great time with her company. Keep an eye out for her!

I have to say I'm thrilled with my new PB which was well beyond last year's. Training at sea level and riding at 4,500'+ elevation must be good for me. I felt the best I ever have after a century. Of course, let me tell you about the 21 miles of epic singletrack yellow then hauled me around the next day at, actually above, Park City. I actually still felt good and was climbing pretty decently even as we approached 8,700 ft. Something must be working in my lackadaisical and totally unfocused training plan, or my body likes elevation. I'll let you know how it goes in a couple weeks when I have to ride over a pass way, way, way above Telluride.:eek:

Im going to start calling you the machine. Perhaps you will have to ride with only one leg when we get together for a ride in the future. :D

luv'nAustin
06-05-2007, 05:22 AM
Hi Everyone,

Great reports by all! I loved reading all of the details.

My daughter attends UU and I think I just found another excuse to visit her! A great ride, an opportunity to meet lots of other te'ers, and a really cute ride jersey...I want one!

See ya'll next year!

Flybye
06-05-2007, 02:41 PM
How are you all doing now that a few days have passed?
I was SO tired yesterday. DH gave me a certificate for a massage. That combined with fatigue from the ride and I was WORTHLESS!
I feel much better today.

It is great to hear how all of you did and to see some pictures of all of you. Thanks for the pictures. Keep more coming if you have them.

Alex - First century - way to go!
Lifeisgreat - 80 miles - wow- any plans for a century?
Sadiekate - PB - that is great, too. How many cent's have you done?
Yellow - Awesome century!
Sulis - how far did you get before the wheel problem? How's your outlook?
Tater - another PB - YEAH Idaho woman :D
sbctwin - Great for you! I think that I rode behind you for about 5 miles. Were you at the rear of a line before the marina stop? If so, thanks for letting me have fun at the back of your line!

I wanted to comment to Bikedutchess that I think it is GREAT that your daughter accomplished something like this with you. :D You will have that memory for a long time. You are such an awesome mom. My mom would have NEVER done anything like that with me. I hope to take my two daughters with me one day. Not only that, but that is a great feat for a young woman. How old is she?

I am sure I missed mentioning someone - sorry :o

I now have an avatar picture that is official - woo hoo!!

I found another picture that turned out well of ladies lining up at the start:

sbctwin
06-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Hi Flyby...If it was the first rest stop, I led our group into the Marina...about the only time I 'led' our group. I am feeling very good. Sunday, I was moving in slo-mo but I wasn't doing too bad. I couldn't even sleep in past 5:30am on Sunday morn. I did my commute to work on Monday, and my commuter bike definitely felt kind of 'off'. Today, no commute because I had to take my dear Kallie girl to the vet. She lost another 3/4 lbs since the last vet visit and the vet said that for a kitty who was on death's door in April, she is doing wonderfully.:) :) :) I took my Bella in to have the gearing checked for my Tour de Cure ride this weekend. After my century, doing only 60 miles on the Tour should be easy:rolleyes:

BikeDutchess
06-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Hi Flyebye, my daughter is 13 and I am so proud of her! She did 38 miles the last 2 years, so this was quite a step up for her.

We've had loads of fun riding together to all kinds of places over the years, starting her in the bike seat on the back, on to the Burley, the "third wheel", and her own bike. My husband and son ride too, but LRRH is a very special mom & daughter treat. Hope to see you riding it with your daughters too some day!

Tater
06-06-2007, 05:33 AM
Okay, let's see if I can get my pics to load properly. The first one is from the first rest stop looking towards the mountains and back to Wellsville. I don't really remember much of the twenty-two miles to get to here because I was doing the potty dance on my bike! :eek: Didn't matter that I went at the hotel, went at the start, I had to go five miles into the ride. Grr! http://http://thumb2.webshots.net/t/55/455/0/59/21/2801059210096131982cqjCRn_th.jpg (http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2801059210096131982cqjCRn) The second one is just a shot of my bike at the rest stop. I got several comments on my map holder, many from ladies who had gotten misdirected and ended up adding eight miles to their ride. http://http://thumb2.webshots.net/t/64/464/8/34/15/2857834150096131982bjsJLq_th.jpg (http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2857834150096131982bjsJLq) The last one is of the Blues Brothers at the last rest stop. They would lay your bike in the grass and fill your water bottles if you wanted. "Bike valet parking is free, ma'am!" http://http://thumb2.webshots.net/t/52/452/6/51/43/2642651430096131982HmCNtR_th.jpg (http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2642651430096131982HmCNtR)
Yes, SK, I heard you hollering!
I can only hope that this Saturday's century is half as organized as this one was.

jobob
06-06-2007, 06:44 AM
Nice photos! I like how your sports drink matches your route sheet :)

Tater
06-06-2007, 07:15 AM
Nice photos! I like how your sports drink matches your route sheet :)

That wasn't intended! :p The hot pink route sheet just happened to match the fruit punch Cytomax.

Flybye
06-06-2007, 07:32 AM
Tater - thanks for the pictures - I didn't get to see the Blues Brothers - I am glad I got a shot of that! I emailed the bike picture of the marina to myself so I can add it to my pictures. What did Mr. Tater end up doing the day of LRRH? Mr. Flybye caught several nice fish - 4 total.

Bikedutchess- 13 Years old - WOW!! My oldest DD is 9 and still at that age where walking a few miles is a feat - it is amazing how fast they can change. Makes me want to be sure to savor the moments-

To all - well, now it is back to reality for me. I have let the house cleaning slide for a little over two weeks and now it is more daunting than riding 60 some odd miles. Funny how it seems so overwhelming, yet I could hop on the bike and ride 40 easily. Toilets, here I come. :(

jobob
06-06-2007, 08:21 AM
House cleaning? What is that? ;)

SadieKate
06-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Maybe something to do with cable housing?

sulis
06-07-2007, 04:43 AM
I have been out of town and just returned home late last night. But I too wanted to pass on my thoughts on LRRH. I had the most wonderful day. The weather was perfect, the route was beautiful, the company was beyond fabulous, we were pampered at every turn. I loved it and will definitely be back next year.

Jones - I'm so glad you noticed me in my crazy beanie. It was fun riding with you and getting to know you. I am so glad you decided to make the trip up from Cali. I hope to meet up with you and ride with you again one day.

CycleSutra + Friend - so wonderful to meet and ride with you. You have made me want to come to Jackson to ride!! I'll make it there eventually.

Lifesgreat - I am so glad you tagged on after lunch. At least we got to ride together for 17 miles or so.

Alex -lovely to meet you..even if only briefly. We will definitely have to meet up at another ride this year.

Yellow, Sadie Kate - one day I will be fast enough to ride within distance of you. :p

The only sad part of the whole day, and this is truely sad for me, is Sulis could not finish because of a bike mishap at the last rest stop. Her rear wheel somehow got bent. We do not know what happened at this time, but of everyone I know who did the 100, I feel very sad for her because she was so strong and could easily have completed her first century. In my mind, she did the century through all of us who she encouraged along the way. I want to THANK YOU, SULIS, for all your words of encouragement and your overall spirit.

SBCTwin - You are so sweet. You made me cry. You don't give yourself enough credit though. You are such an amazing rider. And your determination gives me drive to carry on!!!

As for the wheel, well that is a sad story. I was sad not to be able to finish the ride with my group. We had so much fun together and ridden so strong throughout the day it really stunk not to be able to finish with them - or finish my first century. But I will try again.

I managed to drop the bike off to be worked on while I was out of town in hopes that it would be all better when I got back. I was hoping it might just be a broken spoke or two and could be easily fixed and trued again. However, as I was enjoying the spleandor of the Colordao San Juan mountians, I received the following news for the shop.

LBS: Hi, I've been working on your bike.
Me: Ok
LBS: Well, uhm, wow. Yeah, that wheel is like reaaaallly bad.
Me thinking: Of course it is.
LBS: I might be able to get it "rideable" again but that is way beyond the standard truing process.
Me thinking: Of course it is
LBS: So if I work to get it rideable again you probably still won't be happy with the wheel. Did I say its in really bad shape? It would probably be easier and just as much to buy a new wheel than to have it repaired.
Me thinking: Of course it would

Ok, I swear the money tree fairy is my enemy at the moment. I have had so many major un-expected expenses lately. And while I love the idea of getting a new wheel set, the reality is I just don't have the $$ for it. Sigh. I guess I'm getting a new wheel set. Perhaps I'll be more excited about it when my baby is back at the house, all repaired with the new wheel set.

Hey - maybe the wheelset will make me fast enough to stay with the likes of Yellow and SadieKate!!!

Flybye
06-07-2007, 07:04 AM
I was interviewed last night for an editorial that will run in the Sports Section of our paper sometime this week - I mentioned all of the support that I have got from the Team Estrogen forum (that would be all of you gals - HUGS & HIGH FIVERS). I am more appreciative of your advice than you know :D

I also earned the spot as the "Athlete of the Week" for which I am rewarded with a huckleberry milkshake :eek: which is funny because I started back on my LA Weight Loss Diet yesterday so that I can drop 10#'s - I figure that is cheaper than getting a new, lightweight bike. Sabotage ;)

These are the benefits of living in a small town in Idaho!!

Sulis - It is great to hear of your ride experience. I wondered the other day if the reason we hadn't heard from you is because you were too sad from the ride to post - all the while you were soaking up the sunshine! It is good to know that you are in good spirits despite the whole $$ aspect of things. In regards to that, when it rains, it pours, in my experience. We once had the following things shell their nuts within one week - freezer, van, me and my new baby girl (she was born with a septic infection and in the hospital for 10 days and I developed shingles on my face). It does end!! Let us know when you get your new wheels!

Also, you all will be relived to know that I have 3 CLEAN bathrooms. Mopping my floors is today after my visit to my clients house (for which I will wish that I was in a Hazmat suit - ICK!)

SBC Twin - Glad Miss Kitty is okay!

Take care all - I am off to save the world :eek: :rolleyes:

sulis
06-07-2007, 08:14 AM
We once had the following things shell their nuts within one week - freezer, van, me and my new baby girl (she was born with a septic infection and in the hospital for 10 days and I developed shingles on my face). It does end!! Let us know when you get your new wheels!
:

Oh my! I'm glad you and your baby girl got better. That does not sound like fun. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'll try and take pictures when they come in - My most expensive ride ever. And I have been riding so much in order to use the car less in hopes of spending less. ha ha ha!!!

Flybye
06-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Sulis -She's 6 years old now and fine as ever :D Shoulda' made that a little more clear. Thanks for asking.

sulis
06-07-2007, 10:12 AM
Sulis -She's 6 years old now and fine as ever :D Shoulda' made that a little more clear. Thanks for asking.

Te he - well then I am really glad.

By the way, I'm sorry we didn't meet up with you on Saturday. At every rest stop where I ran into a TE'er I asked if anyone had seen or met you. Sadly, we had already pulled out and were on the road by 7:30. Maybe next year!

yellow
06-07-2007, 10:37 AM
Ok, I swear the money tree fairy is my enemy at the moment. I have had so many major un-expected expenses lately. And while I love the idea of getting a new wheel set, the reality is I just don't have the $$ for it. Sigh.

http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/bik/345561837.html :D

I'll bet you could talk them down!

eofelis
06-07-2007, 09:14 PM
I'm kind of late here posting my ride report.

I did the 100. It was my second 100 ever. It was so flat that it was a pretty easy ride. (We have quite a few hills on all my local rides.)

I was there with 3 other gals that I rode the 100 with. One gal with us was doing her first 100.

We got a late start, at about 8:20am. It was pretty congested on the road until the first rest stop. There sure wasn't enough potties at the first rest stop. We waited in line forever....

After the first rest stop the crowd thinned out and the rest stops were less crowded.

After the lunch stop we picked up another gal who wanted to ride with our group, so there were 5 of us for the rest of the ride.

We got back to Wellsville at almost 6 pm. One nice thing about being some of the last folks at the park is that the BBTC crew was packing up all the gear and they offered us a lot of leftover bananas and oranges and some other stuff. (I peel and freeze the bananas for smoothies.)

Jones
06-09-2007, 09:01 PM
O.K. better late than never with a ride report , right? I had a great time! I met sulis, sbctwin and k80 just before 7:30 and sulis led us out.
I started having some trouble with bike handling and realized I had a flat at mile 5. Everyone pulled over so I could fix my flat, this was unexpected and very nice.
We ran into cyclesutra and her friend Kelsie before the first stop and they joined our group. Yellow and SadieKate pulled into the first stop as we pulled out and we saw them again at stop two but they blew by us before lunch and I never saw them again. We decided to have lunch after the twenty mile loop into Idaho
and right back into Utah.
We found lifesgreat around lunch and rode with her for a short time.
I flatted again around mile 80 but this time a sag was there before I could even un-clip both feet. He fixed my flat, refilled my water bottles and sent me on my way.
Tater was at the last rest and we had a chance to say hi before she was off again. Sadly this were sulis wheel was damaged. Sulis how is the wheel?
The last 15 miles were the hardest for me and I just wanted off my bike. Seeing the park in Wellsville after 100 miles was a thing of beauty.
Sulis, k80, Sbctwin, Kelsie, cyclesutra and me.
Sorry about the late ride report but I was working on this for my friends 60 birthday.
It was white cake with lemon custard and butter cream.

Jones

Kano
06-09-2007, 09:24 PM
IT sounds like time to start getting ready for NEXT year's ride!

Do we know what day it is yet?

Karen in Boise

SadieKate
06-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Wow, am I invited to that party?

Kano, did you get a hat? Look inside it. Veddy, veddy clever.

Kano
06-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Sadie, I didn't get to go this year, but I think I want to make it a priority for next year!

Karen in Boise

Lifesgreat
06-10-2007, 04:03 PM
IT sounds like time to start getting ready for NEXT year's ride!

Do we know what day it is yet?

Karen in Boise

It is usually the first Saturday in June.

pastrypam
06-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Nice job on the cake Jones. Being a pastry chef I know what I'm talking about.
The pictures of the ride are great and I sure enjoyed reading about it.
Congratulations!!

Jones
06-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Thanks, Pam I had a great time on the ride and a lot of fun making the cake. When we get together to ride I will have plenty of questions for you. I am working getting a schedule that works for my family and having time to ride in the summer.
Jones

sbctwin
06-11-2007, 05:22 AM
Nice pics, Jones....beautiful cake, too. It was such a pleasure to ride with you :) :) :) .

sulis
06-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Yummy. I vote next year Jones brings a cake for us to enjoy at the end! :D

pastrypam
06-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Jones,
Now that I am off work my time is very free. So lets ride when you can. I am going out of town this Friday for about 10 days so hopefully you will have figured it all out by then.
Maybe by next year I will be ready to participate in the LRRH ride. We could carpool.
Pam