Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

I bought it!!!!!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I test rode the Specialized Sequoia yesterday, and it was all over - it was mine. It is still an "entry level" road bike, but I am maxxed on my cash allowance. Even so, it is awesome!!!

After riding my used schwinn mt bike for a year, I was afraid of the skinnier tires (this comes standard w/ 700c x 26), but OMG, it is sooo much more responsive!! It was actually EASIER for me to maneuver this bike! I might still be wary of stray sticks and stones until I get a bit more used to the handling, but I am not "afraid" of them now.

It is soo light compared to my old battlewagon, I couldn't believe it. It's got an extra set of brake levers on the horizontal, and alot of extra padding on the drops, and the stem is adjustable, so I can gradually get used to being more on the downlow, not to mention the multiple places I will now have for hand positions. The carbon fork made things pretty smooth, too. (Last year I did a 30 mile charity ride, and my hands were numb for 3 days)

I am soo excited. I pick her up tomorrow after they change the seat to a Dolce, put on the bottle cages and do some adjustments.

Hmmm, maybe I could manage a 50 this year now?

Congrats, Doctorfrau!!!

Hmmm, maybe I could manage a 50 this year now?
    Heck yeah!! You're gonna eat that 50 for breakfast with your new ride!

-- Melissa

Hurray for you! Post a picture soon.

Veronica