Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

attention bianchiste! helmet!!

To disable ads, please log-in.

http://tinyurl.com/qzkwr
    Man, it is a good thing I don't have the celeste colored bike!
    look at this helmet!

Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Ooohh nice helmet and I dont even own a Bianchi. I think Lise needs to add this to her helmet collection.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Sweet helmet.
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Trekhawk
    Ooohh nice helmet and I dont even own a Bianchi. I think Lise needs to add this to her helmet collection.
    Yes, I think I do! I was musing, yesterday, on the fact that my helmet doesn't match my bike. I bought a Bell on sale, a nice light blue, compliments, but does not match the Green Hornet. I never was a "match my bike" kind of gal...until....I became a Bianchi owner! Thanks for thinking of me! I'm off to scope it out!
    I just went to their website and registered. All was well until we got to the "Data" page, which is all in Italian. My fluent Spanish was of little help to me. The prices are all in lira, which also don't make sense to me, although if I got serious about wanting to buy something, I'm sure the LBS could help me. There's a very pretty Vitesse saddle...perhaps that's what I need... http://www.bianchi.com/bianchistore/...idmaster=29964
    Last edited by Lise; 09-06-2006 at 05:11 PM.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Lise
    Yes, I think I do! I was musing, yesterday, on the fact that my helmet doesn't match my bike. I bought a Bell on sale, a nice light blue, compliments, but does not match the Green Hornet. I never was a "match my bike" kind of gal...until....I became a Bianchi owner! Thanks for thinking of me! I'm off to scope it out!
    I just went to their website and registered. All was well until we got to the "Data" page, which is all in Italian. My fluent Spanish was of little help to me. The prices are all in lira, which also don't make sense to me, although if I got serious about wanting to buy something, I'm sure the LBS could help me. There's a very pretty Vitesse saddle...perhaps that's what I need... http://www.bianchi.com/bianchistore/...idmaster=29964
    if you need help with italian, ask me.
    mimi
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby
    if you need help with italian, ask me.
    mimi
    Thanks, mimi. I'm off to work now, but when I get a chance, I'll post the words I don't know for your translation help. L.
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Hey that is a very nice saddle. Would look great on your bike. You will be the most colour coordinated cyclist I know soon (with a little help from your friends at TE ).

Trek-I need more colour coordination-hawk.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

http://store.bianchiusa.com/home.php?cat=296
    It looks like that helmet is on Bianchi's European site. If remember right EU helmet standards are somewhat looser than the US, so They may not be able to import that model here.
    Last edited by Fredwina; 09-06-2006 at 08:08 PM.

Look! Here's that saddle on the US site! http://store.bianchiusa.com/product....cat=308&page=1

Oh, I am becoming a complete and total bike weenie! Matching saddle! I ask you!

HOLY COW, check out the price on the helmet: http://store.bianchiusa.com/product....cat=296&page=1

Yep, my complimentary-but-not-coordinating blue Bell helmet is working just fine, thank you!
    Last edited by Lise; 09-06-2006 at 07:55 PM.
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Lise,
    But then you would have an Italian made helmet to go along with your Italian bike
    Seriously, they are expensive! I think they're charging $50-75 on top of what it would cost for a regular - colored Limar of the same model.

If I had a Bianchi I would get this for off the bike. I keep telling DH I need a Bianchi. He agrees but says you must get everything Celeste. In his words "Bianchi is a lifestyle."
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

That's wierd that all of the prices are in lire - Italy has been in the Euro since 2002. Anyway, this was the page I found:
    http://www.bianchi.com/bianchistore/...idmaster=32757

The helmet is €86.50, what's that in dollars, about 100?

I want one too but I have a perfectly good non-celeste helmet. My bike came with the celeste vitesse saddle and I have found it really comfortable so far, as well as matching my bike, water bottle and jersey. Now has anyone seen any celeste arm warmers?

Bron

Bron--I'm such an American doofus--of course, you're right, that little symbol means "Euros", not "lire"! My bad.

OK, now I am really thinking about that celeste Vitesse. I'm going to see if the non-celeste Vitesse costs less, and if so, how much less...

Aggie Ama, that shirt is hot! I'm glad your DH says everything must be celeste.
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

if the non-celeste Vitesse costs less
    Bet you can't say that five times fast.

Seriously all this talk of Bianchi gear is driving me nuts. I'll be getting my own sweet celeste-colored Bianchi Veloce around the end of September, and now I've already got all these other things to spend money on. Yikes!
    Bad JuJu: Team TE Bianchista
    "The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress." -Roth
    Read my blog: Works in Progress

Oooh! I'm so alliterative! Of course I didn't even hear that when I wrote it! Reminds me of my favorite line from the Warren Zevon song, Werewolves of London: "Little old lady got mutilated late last night" Don't think about what it means, just say it out loud. Isn't that fun? "if the non-celeste Vitesse costs less" is almost as good. Thanks for pointing it out!

I went to the LBS today to return the Terry Fly, and walked out with a test-ride WTB Deva. I love the WTB Comfort V on my Larkspur, but it's too wide to use with the Bianchi. (I think--I haven't actually tried it) LBS owner suggested I try this one--it's WTB's women's specific road saddle. Hey, it cost me nothing. I mentioned the Celeste Vitesse, and he told me they could probably get a deal by ordering it directly through Bianchi, if I want it. And the quest for the right saddle continues...

Juju, that's so cool that you're getting a Veloche, too! We can have the TE Girls Bianchi Club!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock